Slowly and steadily, Motorola has been rolling out an update on all the carriers in the United States that turns the Moto X camera from zero to a hero.
After T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T, Verizon is all set to roll out the software update for Verizon’s Moto X owners. The update is scheduled to roll out from tomorrow, but in the mean time, Motorola has posted the full change-log of the update.
- Camera – Improved Photo Quality Improved capture of natural light (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes
- Camera – Improved Focus Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
- Camera – Faster Switching Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app
- Enhanced Touchless Control — Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience — Improved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
- Google Drive – 50GB Promotion — Added a promotion expiration date – customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer
- Calling – Improved Voice Quality Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
- Moto Care – Lost Device Finder Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
- Motorola Assist – Driving Detection Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode
Apart from the camera performance improvements, the update also includes free 50GB of storage space on Google Drive, improved voice calling and Motorola Assist.