With root access on an Android device, comes the benefit of using some extremely powerful apps. One such app is the Note 2 Hidden Settings app for all Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S4 owners with root access. As the name suggests, the app will provide owners of Note 2 and Galaxy S4 with access to various settings on their device that are hidden by default.
Even though the name of the app suggests otherwise, the app will work just fine on the Galaxy S4. So, what all features or settings does the app expose? Quite a lot, actually. A small list of all the settings that the app allows the user to enable are below -:
- Add an option to toggle shutter sound in the Camera app
- Enter key makes a new line in the Messaging app
- Enable scheduling of messages
- No limit on joining of contacts
- No contact name length limit
- Add exit menu to browser
- Always request desktop website on stock browser
- No software update in settings
- Show hardware revisions in the About device
- Enable infinite scrolling on the stock launcher
- Enable rotation control icon in the Gallery app
As mentioned earlier, the app will require root access to allow you access to all the hidden settings, and will only work on the TouchWIZ based ROMs for the above devices. Note 2 Hidden Settings can be downloaded for free from the Play Store.