Samsung was one of many first corporations out of the blocks with a smartwatch, though it was 2013’s unwell-fated Galaxy Gear. That watch was one thing of a proof-of-idea, a method for Samsung to rub everyone else’s face in it – and it confirmed. Battery life, performance and the general design and end of the Galaxy Gear left fairly a bit to be desired.
The Gear 2 – which runs Tizen OS, not Android – is a a lot totally different beast, with a slimmer general profile that’s much more pleasing to the attention. Battery life has been improved too, and Samsung has added in a bunch of latest options that really make your really feel such as you’re sporting a smartwatch, which is nice as a result of with the Galaxy Gear, this simply wasn’t the case.
And right here’s the way you pair that sucker together with your Galaxy S5 (or Word 2, Word three or another suitable Samsung system):
- First issues first: that you must register a Samsung account. To do that go to Settings after which Accounts. Choose this Samsung Account choice and comply with the steps.
- Be sure your Gear 2 is absolutely charged and Bluetooth is switched on and is seen. To do that go to the Gear 2’s Settings app, scroll right down to Bluetooth and change it on.
- Subsequent, go to Samsung Apps and obtain Gear Supervisor.
- Open Gear Supervisor and hit Scan – it's going to then seek for your Gear 2.
- As soon as it’s discovered it, faucet Join and wait – a couple of seconds later your Galaxy S5 and Gear 2 can be paired.
- That’s it. Completed. Now all you must do is configure the Gear 2, choose which apps you need to allow and what kind of notifications you need despatched out of your Galaxy S5 to your Gear 2.
- Take pleasure in.
It is also value noting that this setup is strictly the identical for the Gear 2 Neo.