Google Hangouts and the Gmail app are not the only ones getting an update today. The big G has pushed out an update for Google Search/Now as well on the Play Store. The update bumps the version number to v.18.104.22.1681295 and brings with it quite a few notable and welcome changes. First of all, Google has slightly tweaked the Weather card design, giving it a much cleaner look.
Secondly, Google Search now includes an option to automatically update the language packs you use with Google Now. The Relevant websites card also gets an update and can now show important websites depending on your location.
-Related website for current location
– Real-time sports and flight updates, no 15 min delay
– Set reminders from Google searches for album & book releases, tv shows
– Car rental reservations from Gmail
– Event tickets for select websites
– Improved public transit card
– Additional Smart-TV cards for news & music currently on TV
– Ability to tell family & friends when you’ve left work (rolling out gradually)– Choose calendars and edit reminders
Other changes include an improved TV card, the ability to set reminders right from Google Search on your PC for books and TV show releases, and the ability to tell family and friends when you have left work.
Most of these features and enhancements are only for the folks in the US and won’t be available immediately. Instead, Google will roll out some of the server side features over the coming few weeks.
If the update is not already live on the Play Store, you can always download and install the APK manually.