Blackberry, the first smartphone choice of the business world just got even better with the new design of the BlackBerry Torch. Not only it delievers a touchscreen display, the Torch also features a slideout QWERTY keyboard for the best of both worlds. It also comes with the BlackBerry App World preinstalled, making it easy for customers to download apps to make their lives easier or just have fun. Other inclusions, from the official press release:
Officially Announced Features:
- BlackBerry 6 – Featuring:
-Context-sensitive pop-up menus for more relevant options
-A new WebKit browser for faster and more robust performance
-Integrated social feeds including the ability to update multiple social networks from a single screen
-Universal Search to uncover results throughout your smartphone – from Contacts, Apps, data and the Web
- Sleek design with a touch-sensitive trackpad located on the front face of the device
- 3.2? 360 x 480 capacitive touch screen display
- Vivid 5.0MP camera with flash, auto focus, image stabilization and geo-tagging
- Support for 3G networks (HSDPA)
- 512MB Flash memory, 4GB on board memory, microSD/SDHC memory card slot (4GB card included, cards up to 32GB supported)
- Built in GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- Network Support
The Torch will be available August 12 in the US.
- US: AT&T For 199.99 on a 2 year contract.
- Canada: Later this fall through Bell Mobility.
Video Credit: Blackberry