Well you will think the following news very strange, but we've got a new report from a French blog called MacGeneration
, the report says that Apple is going to hold another big media event on October 15th.. Here comes an important question that everyone should ask it: "What will Apple introduce on October 15 ?"
That wouldn't be unheard-of: last year, Apple introduced the iPhone 5 and the refreshed iPod touch lineup in September, followed by the fourth-generation iPad and the iPad mini in late-October.
If the news were true, we should see a new iPad coming on October 15th... Keep in mind, we heard a lot of news and rumors from different websites and blogs claiming that Apple is working on a new generation iPad and will introduce it in October...
If I were to bet, I’d put my money on a modified A7X chip inside the iPad 5, along with the Touch ID sensor incorporated into the Home button. Some watchers are holding their breath for a gold finish for the full-size iPad and a polycarbonate plastic shell for the iPad mini 2 (akin to the iPhone 5c), but no leads exist to prove the theory.
Distilled to bullet points by Fortune
‘s Philip Elmer-DeWitt, Dilger basically wrote that while the tech media spent most of 2013 complaining that Apple “wasn’t innovating,” the company was:
• Secretly developing its new Mac Pro supercomputer
• Perfecting its Authentech-based Touch ID technology
• Completing iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
• Bringing an entirely new 64-bit mobile architecture into production ahead of the world’s leading chip designers and foundries
• As nearly a side project, spending billions to build out a series of new iCloud data centers
• And Apple retail palaces like the new Stanford 2 store Cook drew attention to
As well as the new Apple Campus 2
• On top of all this, it was also financing the construction of a multibillion dollar new chip foundry with TSMC capable of producing advanced new 20nm components.
As for the supposed October 15 event, what’s your assessment?