I new model of the Android M Developer Preview is now formally to be had from Google. It’s the primary update because the M Developer Preview first was to be had and Google says it basically addresses insects in line with developer comments. Here are the adjustments indexed at the Android Developers Blog:
Android Platform Changes:
- Modifications to platform permissions together with exterior garage, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth region, and adjustments to contacts/id permissions. Device connections in the course of the USB port are now set to rate-most effective mode via default. To get right of entry to the tool, customers will have to explicitly supply permission.
- Updated Bluetooth Stylus APIs with up to date callback occasions. View.onContextClickListener and GestureDetector.OnContextClickListener to pay attention for stylus button presses and to accomplish secondary movements.
- Updated Media API with new callback InputDevice.hasMicrophone() way for figuring out if a tool microphone exists.
Fixes for developer-pronounced problems:
- TextInputLayout doesn’t set trace for embedded EditText.
- Camera Permission factor with Legacy Apps
Google mentions that should you’re already operating the former M Preview — that is best to be had at the Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player — you wont need to do so much because the update will staring rolling out over-the-air in the following few days. If you wish to have to get it in advance than that, you already know the drill. Simply head the Android Developers’ downloads web page right here to manually flash.
Update: Here’s the Nexus 6 OTA hyperlink immediately from Google’s servers for those who need to sideload it. (Download)