Want a new phone? We check out the important thing variations between Apple’s iPhone 7 and the brand new Google Pixel phone vary
Apple’s iPhone 7 is right here and, thanks to Samsung’s exploding Galaxy Note 7, has had a lovely transparent run on the marketplace since its unlock ultimate month. All this will likely exchange, then again, on October 20 when Google releases its new Pixel telephones.
Like Apple, Google has come to the fray with two handsets: the Google Pixel (5in) and the Google Pixel Plus (5.5in). This method is kind of the similar as Apple’s; the iPhone 7 at 4.7in is moderately smaller. Each telephones percentage a large number of similarities in how they’re being advertised as smartly.
- Each declare to have the most productive cameras of their elegance.
- Each declare to be the neatest smartphones in the world.
- Each have conservative designs that may hardly ever be thought to be cutting edge.
- Each will obtain device updates once they’re in a position.
- And, after all, each are lovely darn pricey.
For probably the most phase, the selection between going for an Android phone or an iPhone, is in large part according to prior purchases. Those who have used iPhones for years, making an investment hard earned money in Apple’s ecosystem, seldom depart. Ditto for Android. Nevertheless it’s now not on a regular basis that Google releases a brand spanking new phone logo, a transfer that may virtually surely hobby quite a few tech-loving Apple lovers.
In the similar context, the iPhone 7 Plus’ digital camera is exceptional. Simply the most productive ever plopped inside of a cellular phone, and this reality on my own provides the handset a large number of gravity with shoppers on all sides of the fence that hang images as regards to their hearts.
On this article we’re going to be taking a look on the specifications, the details and the total package deal. The purpose isn’t to mention one is best than the opposite, shopper generation is frightfully subjective, however somewhat to spotlight the USPs of each and every and exhibit the place they vary and what it way to you, the shopper.
First, let’s check out the specifications for the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL:
Google Pixel vs Apple iPhone 7: Specs
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 143g
- Show: 5in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen 1920 x 1080 pixels (441ppi)
- Processor: MSM8996 Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core CPU "Kryo" 2.1GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Garage: 32GB or 128GB
- Rear Digital camera: 12MP, f/2.0 aperture, segment detection & laser autofocus, two-tone dual-LED flash, 1/2.3" sensor measurement, 1.55µm pixel measurement, HDR, geo-tagging, contact center of attention, face detection, panoramic seize, video at 2160p; 1080p; 720p
- Entrance Digital camera: 8MP, f/2.4 aperture, 1/3.2" sensor measurement, 1.4 µm pixel measurement, video at 1080p
- Device: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Battery: 2770mAh Fast Price
- Colors: Silver, Black, Blue (make a selection areas; NOT UK)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2 (LE), GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Sort-C 3.0
- Different Harware: Fingerprint scanner, IP53 splash resistant
Apple iPhone 7
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 138g
- Show: 4.7in IPS LCD "Retina" (LED-backlit) capacitive touchscreen 1334x 750 pixels (326ppi), Large Color Gamut, three-D Contact
- Processor: Apple A10 "Fusion" CPU quad-core 2.34GHz
- GPU: Proprietary Six-Core GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Garage: 32GB,128GB, or 256GB
- Rear Digital camera: 12MP, f/1.8 aperture, segment detection autofocus, OIS (optical stabilisation), two-tone quad-LED flash, 1/3" sensor measurement, HDR, geo-tagging, contact center of attention, face & smile detection, panoramic seize (with HDR), video at 2160p; 1080p; 720p
- Entrance Digital camera: 7MP, f/2.2 aperture, video at 1080p, HDR, face detection, panoramic seize
- Tool: iOS 10.0.1 (Upgrades to iOS 10.0.2)
- Battery: 1960mAh
- Colors: silver, gold, rose gold, black, "Jet Black" (Gloss)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2 (LE), GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, Lightning Port (USB 2.0 & 3.5mm audio jack adaptors), NFC (Apple Pay best)
- Different Harware: Contact ID fingerprint scanner, 3-d Contact Capacitive House Key & Haptic Engine, IP67 water and mud resistant
The specifications for the each Google Pixel telephones are respectable sufficient for nowadays’s marketplace. The imaging could be very spectacular, once more, par for the path at the present time, however the place Google is making an attempt to make a large number of pals is the tool that ships within the telephones.
A large number of the core USPs aboard the Pixel telephones WILL NOT be to be had on different Android telephones. Google stayed lovely tight-lipped about this at release however reviews recommend the next options will ONLY be to be had on Pixel telephones:
- Pixel Launcher
- Google Assistant
- Limitless garage for unique high quality photograph / video
- Sensible Garage
- Pixel Digital camera app
- Telephone help (24-hour hotline)
- Display-share (a part of the help carrier)
As a continuing Android consumer, I've to mention those unique options, particularly limitless garage for footage and movies, Google Assistant and phone help, are all very tempting for me. Chuck in getting Android updates once they’re to be had and what you’re taking a look at is likely one of the extra compelling tool propositions within the Android ecosystem.
I additionally just like the inclusion of QuickCharge, wherein you'll be able to upload in seven hour’s value of battery lifestyles in simply 15 mins. QuickCharge is NOT unique to Pixel telephones, then again, so this isn't a deal-breaker. What may well be although is that neither Pixel phone is water-proof nor do they function SD-support. Google’s red meat with expandable garage RAGES on.
iPhone 7 Specs & Hardware
The feel and appear of Apple’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus could be very acquainted. It sounds as if this used to be deliberate, despite the fact that, consistent with Mr. Ive. Apple added in some new color choices and tidied up the outside however that’s about it. In the event you’ve used an iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6s you’re now not going to be in for any surprises actually, save for a lacking headphone jack and a brand new capacitive House key.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are, necessarily, refinements on what got here sooner than: progressed energy control, marginal enhancements in battery lifestyles, giant uplifts to efficiency and graphics and hugely awesome imaging. Imaging is the large USP, on the other hand, despite the fact that the largest speaking level used to be indisputably the removing of the headphone hack.
Powering the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus is Apple’s new A10 chipset. This factor is a monster, there’s no different approach to describe it. With appreciate to processors, Apple is much forward of the curve. Apple has all the time achieved extra with much less aboard its iPhones, however the previous couple of releases have featured super-high-end energy and that translated into remarkable efficiency around the board.
The opposite giant distinction with Apple’s iPhone 7 vary is to do with garage. In the past, Apple favoured 16GB of garage for its base type, a lot to the chagrin of many commentators and reviewers. With the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, on the other hand, Apple ditched 16GB in favour of 32GB and added in 256GB choices for the iPhone 7 Plus.
Google Pixel vs Apple iPhone 7: Design
Good looks is within the eye of the beholder, so relating to which handset seems to be extra sexy it is solely subjective. Each designs are obviously very blank, high-tech, and tidy, in order that they each and every have that going for them. Apple's caught with a slightly acquainted general aesthetic with the steel encompass and again panel, however has neatened issues up through shifting the antenna bands to a extra discrete location alongside the higher and decrease edges. On most sensible of that, the adoption of a capacitive contact House key additionally contributes to the newly smoothed external aesthetic.
Google's glance is rather less glamorous, shunning the brushed metal top class vibe in favour a extra commercial look; it is nonetheless steel, however accommodates a two-tone partial glass again panel design at the rear. Moreover, whilst Apple nonetheless accommodates its Contact ID fingerprint scanner into the front-mounted House key, Google's fingerprint scanner is at the again of the tool.
Apple's iPhone 7 is thinner and extra light-weight (by way of just a little bit, thoughts you), however one of the most largest variations is invisible. Whilst Google's Pixel handiest gives IP53 splash proofing certification to stay your phone protected when the elements turns dangerous, Apple (for the primary time on an iPhone) gives complete IP67 water and mud resistance, that means the phone will live on being dunked right into a sink or tub without a worries.
Any other factor value noting is the adaptation in connectivity; each units help USB and 3.5mm audio connectors, however whilst the Google Pixel has those ports included at once into the phone, Apple insists on the use of its proprietary Lightning port and supplying adaptors for the aforementioned connectivity varieties. This will probably be a large bugbear for some, however will fall through the wayside for others.
Google Pixel vs Apple iPhone 7: Worth
Should you have been hoping for a brand new break of day of Nexus pricing with Google’s Pixel telephones you'll dissatisfied. Each the Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL are pricey handsets. Even through trendy Android requirements. Each at the moment are up for pre-order can be to be had from October 20 right here in the United Kingdom. Under is a breakdown of the pricing:
Pixel will probably be £599 (32GB) and £699 (128GB) and Pixel XL at £719 (32 GB) and £819 (128GB) by the use of Google Play. Pay per month consumers can pick out up the Pixel, Telephone by way of Google (5”) for an in advance value of £79.99 and the Pixel XL (5.5”) for £159.99, each at £42 a month with 6GB of knowledge allowance on Vodafone. All pre-order consumers will obtain a £50 ‘Google Play Retailer’ voucher to spend at their recreational.
And for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus?
iPhone 7 Worth
- 32GB - $649 (£599, AU$1,079)
- 128GB - $749 (£699, AU$1,229)
- 256GB - $849 (£799, AU$1,379)
iPhone 7 Plus Worth
- 32GB – $749 (£619, AU$1,129)
- 128GB – $849, (£699, AU$1,379)
- 256GB – $949 (£789, AU$1,529)
However, the Nexus 5X can be picked up for around £250 on Amazon, whilst the bigger, better-specced Nexus 6P can be had for around £380, relying on which supplier you propose on purchasing from. Simply if you're in search of a cut price ;)