The LG V10 is the recent and biggest flagship telephone from LG. Often occasions we adore to mention a telephone is “constructed like a tank,” however not anything has ever embodied that word just like the V10. If you wish to have to get probably the most out of this hefty telephone, you’re going to have to seem beneath the layers of armor. We’ll get you off to the appropriate get started with those 12 things you should do.
1. Switch the Settings to List View
Before we in point of fact get began, allow’s do something for you to make this information so much more uncomplicated to apply. By default, the Settings at the V10 are arranged via tabs. The concept is to raised arrange the settings, nevertheless it if truth be told makes it more difficult to seek out things. We’ll be the use of the listing view for this information, and we expect you should, too.
- Go to Settings
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon
- Select List view
2. Set up the Second Screen for speedy get entry to to shortcuts
The so much impressive function at the LG V10 is the brand new “Second monitor.” It’s somewhat show on the most sensible of the primary show. This space is used to turn the time, date, battery, and notifications while the primary show is off, however it may be much more helpful while the primary show is on. You can use it for shortcuts on your favourite apps, contacts, song controls, and extra.
- Go to Settings > Second monitor
- Tap Show while primary monitor on (make sure that it’s toggled on)
- Check the App shortcuts field and faucet the settings equipment icon
- Tap the equipment icon on an app to make a choice your personal
- Drag and drop the apps to arrange the order
- Tap SAVE
In the similar method as above, you'll be able to upload your favourite contacts to the Second display
- Go to Settings > Second display
- Tap Show while primary monitor on (make certain it’s toggled on)
- Check the Quick contacts field and faucet the settings equipment icon
- Tap the (+) icon so as to add a touch
- Drag and drop the contacts to arrange the order
- Tap SAVE
Add extra to the Second Screen
There are a couple of different to hand things you'll be able to do with the Second Screen. They can also be enabled by way of going to Settings > Second display > Show while primary display on.
- Signature – Show phrases or a word
- Recent apps – Show the 5 so much just lately used apps
- Music participant – Control the song you're paying attention to
- Upcoming plans – See upcoming occasions and duties from the calendar
You too can modify what the Second Screen presentations while the primary show is off. Go to Settings > Second display > Show while the primary display off. Choose to turn the Date & time or your Signature.
3. Use your fingerprint to release the telephone
LG after all has a (non-Nexus) telephone with a fingerprint sensor. The energy button at the again of the V10 doubles because the fingerprint sensor as smartly. It can be utilized for a couple of things, akin to Android Pay and Google Play Store purchases, however the most typical use is unlocking the telephone. You can press and hang your finger down at the button to circumvent the lock monitor solely. First, you must upload your palms.
- Go to Settings > Fingerprints & safety
- Tap Fingerprints
- You’ll be requested to create a type of lock display safety should you haven’t already
- Tap Add fingerprint
- Follow the directions to get your finger scanned
4. Unlock the telephone with a singular KnockCode
If you don’t need to use your fingerprint to free up your telephone there are different choices for you. Android telephones include a host of various how you can lock your software, however the V10 has one you’ve by no means noticed prior to. KnockCode lets you arrange a trend of faucets to release your telephone (and it could nonetheless paintings as a again-as much as fingerprints). Here’s learn how to do it.
- Go to Settings > Lock display > Select monitor lock
- Tap on Knock Code
- Tap the sq. 3-8 occasions in a trend you'll be able to keep in mind that
- Tap Continue after which make sure the trend once more
- Next you'll create a backup PIN quantity in the event you put out of your mind the KnockCode
5. Set up Smart Settings to make your telephone be just right for you
One of the more recent device options on LG telephones is referred to as Smart Settings. With this option, you'll be able to have the V10 routinely modify settings in response to your region or hooked up equipment. For instance, while you’re at paintings you'll be able to have notification sounds became off, or while you get house WiFi can mechanically be enabled. It’s a shockingly to hand function you’ll need to use.
- Go to Settings > Smart Settings
- You’ll see an inventory of toggles for “Home, Away,” and “Accessory.”
- Simply toggle the settings you’d love to have enabled in each and every segment
Note: In order to make use of the “Home” settings you’ll need to activate “My Places” in Settings > General > Location.
6. Launch apps with the rear buttons
One of probably the most iconic options of LG telephones has turn into the notorious buttons at the again of the telephone. No one else is striking buttons at the again of telephones, and it in point of fact does make a large number of feel. LG takes good thing about those buttons to accomplish a couple of duties but even so simply adjusting the quantity. You can use them to temporarily release the digital camera or take notes while the show is off.
- Go to Settings > Shortcut key
- Switch the toggle to On
Double tapping Volume Up will release the QMemo app for taking notes. Double tapping Volume Down will temporarily release the digital camera. On that very same web page within the settings you'll be able to make a selection to have the digital camera mechanically take a photograph as quickly because it’s introduced from the shortcut.
7. Add shortcuts to the lock monitor
Adding shortcuts to the lock display could make it simple to temporarily open your favourite apps. LG permits you to upload 5 shortcuts to the lock display. The shortcuts will best seem at the lock display in case you use the “None” or “Swipe” display lock strategies.
- Go to Settings > Lock monitor
- Scroll right down to Shortcuts
- Simply faucet on a shortcut and make a selection the specified app from the record
- Just swipe up at the shortcut from the lock monitor to temporarily release
8. Arrange the Quick Toggles on your liking
When you swipe down to peer your notifications you’ll realize a host of toggles around the most sensible. These toggles are referred to as “Quick Settings,” and you'll be able to scroll left-to-proper to peer extra. All of those toggles may also be custom designed for your liking.
- Swipe down to turn the Quick Settings and scroll all of the strategy to the fitting
- Select the Edit toggle
- On this web page you'll be able to allow or disable any toggle, and drag to re-arrange the location
9. Take good thing about the micro SD card slot
The LG V10 is a member of a death breed: telephones with microSD card slots. Samsung, Motorola, and HTC have dropped bodily garage from so much in their units (to the dismay of many Android lovers), however LG is sticking with what the folk need. You can simply improve your garage capability with out shopping for any cloud garage subscriptions and depending on a knowledge connection.
- SanDisk Ultra 8GB microSD with adapter
- Kingston 16GB microSD with adapter
- Samsung 32GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSD with adapter
10. Remove unnecessary service bloatware
Some service fashions of the LG V10 will include a large number of apps pre-put in. There may well be over 20 apps already for your software that you don't have any purpose of ever the use of. The just right information is we will be able to uninstall, or no less than disable, among the bloatware. Let’s do it.
- Open the app drawer to peer all your apps
- Tap the 3-dot menu and make a selection Edit/Uninstall apps
- Tap the pink (Y) on an app to take away it
- Tap Uninstall or Disable at the pop-up
If you want to revive a disabled app you'll be able to move to Settings > Apps. Swipe over to the Disabled tab and in finding the app.
11. Organize the app drawer with folders
Creating folders on your house display is a great way to prepare apps, however LG takes that concept one step additional. With the default LG launcher you'll be able to create customized folders within the app drawer. The app drawer is the world that presentations your whole put in apps. Folders can in point of fact enable you to in finding apps if in case you have so much put in.
- On the house monitor faucet the app drawer icon (seems like a circle with 6 dots inside of it)
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon within the higher proper nook
- Select View apps through and select Custom
- Still within the app drawer, faucet the 3-dot menu icon once more
- Select Edit/Uninstall apps
- Now you'll be able to drag apps on most sensible of one another to create folders
- Tap the checkmark within the higher proper nook while you’re performed
- Tap at the folder and faucet “Folder” to rename and select the colour
12. Explore Android Forums for much more!
If you already personal the LG V10, or plan on choosing one up, a super useful resource to take a look at is AndroidForums.com. There you are going to discover a devoted discussion board for the LG V10. Other customers can percentage their stories, ask questions, and take part locally. It’s an excellent spot to head if you wish to get probably the most from your telephone. Here are a couple of threads to take a look at.