The iPhone 6 was all the time going to be an enormous deal. Everybody knew that. But what most didn’t know was simply HOW huge a deal it was going to be, and it took till in the present day –– Monday, Sept. 22 –– to seek out out. As it seems the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus weren’t actually an enormous deal… they have been a HUGE deal, dwarfing each different iPhone launch so far.
Apple says it has shifted “over” 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models since Friday, Sept. 19. That is a HUGE quantity of gross sales, even by Apple’s often spectacular requirements, including in a further million or so gross sales on final yr’s –– additionally document-breaking –– iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c opening weekend.
We knew the iPhone 6 (and iPhone 6 Plus) can be an enormous deal –– Apple acquired 4 million pre-orders inside 24 hours of the handsets going up for pre-order, a positively monumental determine even by Apple’s regular requirements. And but that is NOTHING in comparison with what number of iPhones Apple bought throughout opening weekend, which at 10 million is, frankly, bordering on the INSANE.
Here’s what Tim Cook needed to say concerning the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus’ opening weekend efficiency:
“Sales for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus exceeded our expectations for the launch weekend, and we couldn’t be happier,” stated Apple CEO Tim Cook in a press release to the press. “We want to thank all of our clients for making this our greatest launch ever, shattering all earlier promote-by way of data by a big margin. While our workforce managed the manufacturing ramp higher than ever earlier than, we might have bought many extra iPhones with higher provide and we're working onerous to fill orders as shortly as attainable.”
Latest iPhone 6 & iPhone Plus News & Features
- Apple Pay Explained – Find out how you should use the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (in addition to the Apple Watch) to make funds by way of NFC and TouchID.
- What Is HealthKit? – What it's and the way it works inside iOS 8.
- What Is HomeKit? – You're residence of the longer term is simply across the nook. Here we check out how iOS 8 –– by way of Siri and HomeKit –– will help you management your home utilizing your Apple Watch and iPhone 6.
- iOS 8 Beta 5 Review – An superior take a look at iOS 8 forward of its scheduled Sept. 17 launch.
- EVERYTHING You Need To Know About Apple Watch – A detailed take a look at Apple's first wearable units, AKA the Apple Watch
- Will Apple Watch EVER Play Nice With Android? – Evan Blass –– AKA @evleaks –– discusses why he believes Apple ought to play-good with Android