After to begin with freeing a observation that the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 wouldn’t be up to date to Android KitKat, the corporate used to be fast to enter injury regulate, later telling customers they’d be skipping KitKat and leaping to Lollipop instantly. Early this month, Huawei used to be taking a look for a couple of just right beta tester to check early builds of Lollipop on their units, however most effective for participants in their boards.
Today, Huawei is permitting someone with the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (type quantity MT2-L03) to update their software to Android 5.1 Lollipop at the side of EMUI 3.1 — you simply need to manually download and flash it on your software. Huawei says that you simply’ll first want to be coming from tool variations V100R001C00B126 or V100R001C00B148 sooner than you'll be able to update, so make certain and double test.
Just be forewarned, Huawei is calling this “Android C Preview” so be expecting insects (don’t fear, you'll be able to all the time downgrade back to Jelly Bean should you revel in any problems). Steps for manually flashing — in addition to the download hyperlink for 5.1 on the Mate 2 — can also be discovered beneath.
- O micro SD card of 4GB or extra is required.
- Format the micro SD card (This is not obligatory).
- Download then extract the B309.zip record.
- Copy the whole “dload” folder to the root listing of the micro SD card.
- Make positive your handset is powered off. Insert the micro SD card into the handset.
- Press and hang the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys concurrently, after which press the POWER button. Release energy while you see the tool activate.
- The telephone will have to boot and start flashing. When the growth bar stops, the telephone will restart.
- You would possibly input the Emergency Data conversation at the first boot. Choose the Factory knowledge reset and click on the Yes button. When the reset is performed, reboot your telephone.
Download: B309 (Android 5.1 Lollipop)