For years, Corning’s Gorilla Glass has been touted as the hardest of tricky glass for phone monitors. But what in case your telephone screen didn’t want to be glass at all? That’s the aspect Motorola demanding situations with the Motorola DROID Turbo 2 for Verizon. The factor is shatterproof.
How do A realize? Because at lately’s declaration in NYC, A watched Motorola’s Rick Osterloh hang the software shoulder top and drop it immediately on the forged floor. Twice. That’s now not one thing you do until you’re assured it's going to no doubt, 100% move the check with flying colours. It did… after which we took a better look at what makes it paintings.
It’s referred to as Motorola ShatterShield and it has 5 layers:
- Exterior Protective Lens – a protecting layer with a proprietary hardcoat designed to protect towards dents and abrasion.
- Interior Lens – extremely clear layer that gives a transparent protecting defend that gained’t crack or shatter.
- Dual contact layer – in the adventure of an have an effect on that damages the number one contact-delicate layer, a 2d layer takes over to take care of touchscreen efficiency.
- AMOLED show -versatile show that absorbs surprise and gives superb image high quality.
- Aluminum chassis – a inflexible aluminum chassis supplies structural integrity and sturdiness.
Yes, you learn that proper: the Turbo 2 principally has touchscreens in order that if one breaks in a fall the 2d one kicks in and takes over. Motorola is status via their remark, too, providing a 4-yr guaranty on the screen (you’ll need to learn the advantageous print).
All-in-all, lovely superb stuff. It’s only a disgrace that they’re most effective bringing the software to Verizon Wireless. Hopefully will see Motorola ShatterShield in different Android units quickly.Take Our Poll