When you first open the field and pull out the LG V10, a few issues will are evoked. First, you’ll assume one thing alongside the strains of “this factor is a tank.” After you flip it on you’ll marvel “now what do O do with this factor?” That’s the place we are available. First, you’ll need to do these 12 things. After that, we’ve were given 40 guidelines and tips that will help you get probably the most from your up to date LG V10. Enjoy!
Wake up your telephone with only a faucet
The LG V10 has a function that you simply’ll by no means have the ability to are living with out. Since the buttons are at the again, LG has made it more uncomplicated to wake the telephone. You can merely double-faucet any place at the monitor and the show will remove darkness from. Putting the telephone to sleep works the similar means. If you’re the use of the inventory LG launcher you'll be able to double-faucet on any clean area, however when you’re the use of a third-birthday party launcher you need to double-faucet the standing bar.
Use your fingerprint to free up the telephone
The V10 is LG’s first non-Nexus telephone with a fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor is situated within the energy button at the again of the telephone. It can be utilized for a couple of issues, similar to Android Pay and Google Play Store purchases, however the most typical use is unlocking the telephone. You can press and hang your finger down at the button to circumvent the lock display solely. First, you need to upload your hands.
- Go to Settings > Fingerprints & safety
- Tap Fingerprints
- You’ll be requested to create a type of lock display safety should you haven’t already
- Tap Add fingerprint
- Follow the directions to get your finger scanned
Use a customized knock trend to release your telephone
If you don’t need to use your fingerprint, the V10 comes with any other distinctive unencumber way. “Knock Code” permits you to faucet the show in a selected trend to free up the tool. The trend can also be anything else among 3-8 faucets in a grid with 4 quadrants. It’s a in point of fact cool approach to unencumber your software.
- Go to Settings > Lock display > Select display lock
- Tap on Knock Code
- Tap the sq. 3-8 occasions in a trend you'll be able to understand that
- Tap Continue after which make sure the trend once more
- Next you'll create a backup PIN quantity when you overlook the KnockCode
When you get up your telephone you'll see a sq. space at the lock display so that you can input your KnockCode, however there's a good higher solution to do it. When the show is off you'll be able to carry out your KnockCode and the show will get up and unencumber mechanically, bypassing the lock monitor altogether.
Use Smart Lock to circumvent the lock display while it’s now not wanted
We’ve already mentioned a few other lock display safety strategies. The most effective drawback with those strategies, as nice as they're, is that they finally end up slowing you down greater than somebody else. S function referred to as “Smart Lock” permits you to inform your telephone while it’s protected to disable lock display safety.
- Go to Settings > Lock monitor > Select monitor lock
- Choose probably the most tactics to offer protection to your telephone
- Once you've gotten a display lock decided on you'll be able to return to the Lock display settings and also you’ll seeSmart Lock
Currently, there are 5 varieties of Smart Lock you'll be able to use, and you'll be able to use greater than one by one. Each one will give an explanation for the way it works while you faucet on it. We suggest Trusted units and Trusted puts.
Make your telephone be just right for you with Smart Settings
The V10 comes with a function referred to as Smart Settings. It lets in your telephone to routinely regulate settings in accordance with your region or hooked up units. For instance, your favourite song app can open while your plug in headphones, or WiFi can also be disabled while you depart your home. It’s extremely to hand, and we expect you will have to set it up.
- Go to Settings > Smart Settings
- (you can also want to activate My Places in Settings > General > Location first)
- Adjust the toggles and choices for your liking
Change the Settings to show in an inventory
By default, the V10 Settings web page is arranged into 4 tabs around the most sensible. LG thinks this can be a extra arranged means to make use of the Settings. We’ve discovered that the tabs in reality make it harder to seek out stuff. To return to the extra acquainted record view merely faucet the 3-dot menu icon within the most sensible proper of the Settings and choose List view.
Find your telephone if it’s misplaced or stolen
Losing your up to date telephone can be a bad factor, however it occurs greater than we’d love to assume. The just right information is Android has nice integrated equipment for that specific state of affairs. The V10 comes with one thing referred to as “Android Device Manager” pre-put in. If your telephone is misplaced or stolen you'll be able to merely go to this website, log in together with your Google account, and find your telephone. You too can remotely ring, lock, and erase the tool.
Check out our complete, distinct guide on finding a lost or stolen Android phone.
Take a screenshot with the LG V10
Taking a screenshot is likely one of the so much fundamental purposes of a telephone. The LG V10 has a few other how you can carry out this process.
- Press and hang the facility and quantity down buttons concurrently
- Swipe down to turn the Quick Settings toggles
- Find the Capture+ icon and faucet it
- This will take a screenshot and assist you to draw on most sensible of it
The so much amazing function of the V10 is one thing LG calls the “Second monitor.” It’s that small sliver of show proper above the primary show. This space can be utilized for various issues, a few extra helpful than others. You can upload shortcuts on your favourite apps and other folks, see probably the most lately used apps, keep an eye on your media participant, and even simply show a signature. It is usually a lovely nifty factor to have.
Add shortcuts on your favourite apps
- Go to Settings > Second display
- Tap Show while primary monitor on (be sure it’s toggled on)
- Check the App shortcuts field and faucet the settings equipment icon
- Tap the equipment icon on an app to make a choice your personal
- Drag and drop the apps to arrange the order
- Tap SAVE
Add shortcuts on your favourite folks
In the similar means as above, you'll be able to upload your favourite contacts to the Second display
- Go to Settings > Second monitor
- Tap Show while primary display on (be sure that it’s toggled on)
- Check the Quick contacts field and faucet the settings equipment icon
- Tap the (+) icon so as to add a touch
- Drag and drop the contacts to arrange the order
- Tap SAVE
Do much more with the Second Screen
There are a couple of different to hand issues you'll be able to do with the Second Screen. They can also be enabled by way of going to Settings > Second monitor > Show while primary monitor on.
- Signature: Show phrases or a word
- Recent apps: Show the 5 so much lately used apps
- Music participant: Control the song you're taking note of
- Upcoming plans: See upcoming occasions and duties from the calendar
You too can modify what the Second Screen presentations while the primary show is off. Go to Settings > Second monitor > Show while the primary display off. Choose to turn the Date & time or your Signature.
Choose a unique lock monitor animation
LG likes to allow customers customise each and every little a part of their telephone. One approach you'll be able to do that is with the display swipe impact. There are 5 other animations to make a choice from: Basic circle, Hula hoop, Circle mosaic, Light particle, or Soda. These animations handiest paintings with the Swipe display lock way, or if Smart Lock is lately lively.
- Go to Settings > Lock monitor
- Select Screen swipe impact
Launch your favourite apps in an instant from the lock display
S fast method to release an app is with lock monitor shortcuts. LG lets you upload as much as 5 shortcuts to the lock monitor. Unfortunately, they're going to most effective seem at the lock display in the event you use the “None” or “Swipe” display lock strategies, or if Smart Lock is recently lively. Once you will have the shortcuts brought you'll be able to merely swipe up at the app to release it instantly.
- Go to Settings > Lock display
- Scroll right down to Shortcuts
- Simply faucet on a shortcut and select the specified app from the record
- Tap SAVE while you’re performed
Personalize your telephone with a wallpaper
Changing the wallpaper is among the best how you can right away customize your LG V10. It’s tremendous simple to do. Simply press and grasp on any empty area at the house display. Select the Wallpapers tab within the backside left of the monitor. You’ll be in a position to make a choice from put in apps and pre-loaded wallpapers. You too can amendment the lock display wallpaper. Go to Settings > Lock monitor > Wallpaper.
Add and reorder house display panels
To additional customise your house monitor you'll be able to upload and reorder the panels. Pinch your hands at the house display to zoom out and notice all of the panels. Here you'll be able to make a selection which panel is the primary panel through tapping the home icon and upload panels by way of tapping the empty panel with a + icon. You too can press and grasp a panel to pull it into the trash.
Get actual-time information on your house display with widgets
Widgets are some of the final issues that in point of fact make Android distinctive. No different cellular running device has such an plentiful choice of superior widgets. With a monitor stuffed with widgets, you'll be able to get fast knowledge with out beginning apps. They’re very to hand, and you need to use them.
Once once more, merely press and cling on any empty area at the house display. Select the Widgets tab within the backside middle and scroll horizontally during the widgets. To placed a widget at the house display press and grasp then drag and drop it at the preferred spot.
Organize your apps with folders within the app drawer
With the default LG launcher, you'll be able to create customized folders within the app drawer. The app drawer is the world that presentations your whole put in apps. Folders can in point of fact help you in finding apps if in case you have so much put in. You can placed all the Google apps in a single folder, or stay your whole video games in combination. It’s a useful tool for organizing an extended record of apps.
- On the house monitor faucet the app drawer icon (seems like a circle with 6 dots inside of it)
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon within the higher proper nook
- Select View apps via and make a selection Custom
- Still within the app drawer, faucet the 3-dot menu icon once more
- Select Edit/Uninstall apps
- Now you'll be able to drag apps on most sensible of one another to create folders
- Tap the checkmark within the higher proper nook while you’re performed
- Tap at the folder and faucet “Folder” to rename and select the colour
Customize the navigation buttons and colour
The V10 has device navigation buttons around the backside of the show. The good thing about tool navigation buttons is the versatility they supply. Unlike bodily buttons, they may be able to disappear to make room for fullscreen apps, or on this case, be custom designed to turn extra buttons. You can rearrange the prevailing buttons, or upload as much as additional buttons.
- Go to Settings > Display> Home contact buttons
- Select Button aggregate
- You can drag and drop the buttons in any order you prefer, however there can’t be greater than 5 within the bar
- Changes will display up within the navigation bar instantly
- You too can make a selection the colour of the buttons at the earlier web page
Customize the Quick Settings toggles
When you swipe down at the notifications you’ll realize a host of icons. These are referred to as “Quick Toggles,” they usually assist you to flip issues on or off from the notification colour. If you scroll from left to proper you’ll see there are a host of toggles to make a choice from. All of those toggles can also be custom designed on your liking.
- Swipe down to turn the Quick Settings and scroll all of the approach to the proper
- Select the Edit toggle
- On this web page you'll be able to allow or disable any toggle, and drag to re-arrange the location
Simplify the digital camera, or allow guide controls
One of the most productive options of the V10 is the very good digital camera. LG has made the digital camera device as easy or as difficult as you’d like. Simple mode gets rid of all buttons from the monitor so you'll be able to simply faucet to center of attention and take a photograph. Auto mode provides a couple of fast settings for flash, HDR, timer, and extra. Manual mode is just for complex customers. It has settings and sliders for such things as center of attention, ISO, shutter velocity, and extra.
- Open the digital camera
- In the Second monitor you’ll see all of the other modes
- Tap the only you’d like to make use of
Switch to Slo-mo, Time Lapse, Panorama, or Multi-view
LG has incorporated a couple of nifty issues you'll be able to do with the digital camera. In Auto mode, you'll be able to faucet the Mode icon to peer an inventory of various capturing modes. These will permit you to do a little fascinating issues together with your pictures and movies.
- Time-lapse: report lengthy movies which might be speeded up for a brief video
- Slow-mo: document a video in sluggish movement
- Panorama: sew in combination pictures to create a landscape shot
- Multi-view: take 3 pictures and mix them right into a university
Use your hand to take selfies from around the room
One of the good digital camera options at the V10 is referred to as Gesture shot. You can take a selfie through keeping your open hand as much as the digital camera after which ultimate it right into a fist. The function if truth be told works in point of fact smartly, and it could possibly come in useful fairly ceaselessly. Gesture shot is enabled via default, so all you must do is find it.
- Hold up your open hand to the digital camera till brackets seem round it
- Make a fist as soon as to take one photograph (a 3-2d timer will rely right down to the shot)
- Make consecutive fists to take 4 burst photographs
Say “cheese” to take a photograph
Another factor you'll be able to do in Auto mode is allow the voice shutter. With this option enabled you'll be able to say “cheese, smile, whiskey, kimchi, or LG” to snap a photograph together with your voice.
- In Auto mode faucet the equipment icon
- Tap the face icon from the drop-down menu
Line up the very best shot with tips
Auto mode is the most productive mode for most of the people. When you’re in vehicle mode, you'll be able to activate a couple of to hand options, equivalent to tips. The tips will display an overly gentle grid excessive of the digital camera. You can use the grid strains to middle your shot completely each and every time.
- In Auto mode faucet the equipment icon
- Tap the grid icon from the drop-down menu
Security & Performance
Use Smart Cleaning to filter out area
Over time, the loose area in your V10 will get started filling up with stuff chances are you'll now not even find out about. Stuff like brief information and junk on your obtain folder. By cleansing up these things you'll be able to reclaim garage to make use of for extra necessary issues. LG has incorporated a approach to blank all of this up proper within the settings.
- Go to Settings > Smart cleansing
- You’ll see how so much garage is in use and what kind of is loose
- Tap at the information you want to blank and press CLEAN
Expand your reminiscence with an SD card
The LG V10 is a member of a demise breed: telephones with microSD card slots. Samsung and HTC have dropped bodily garage from their flagship units (to the dismay of many Android lovers), however LG is sticking with what the folk need. You can simply improve your garage capability with out shopping for any cloud garage subscriptions and depending on a knowledge connection.
- SanDisk Ultra 8GB microSD with adapter
- Kingston 16GB microSD with adapter
- Samsung 32GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSD with adapter
Protect your pictures and movies from prying eyes
If you’ve were given a few delicate pictures or notes in your telephone you'll be able to use Content Lock to stay them protected. This function will let you placed pictures and notes at the back of a wall of safety, and hidden from prying eyes.
First, you must allow it within the settings.
- Go to Settings > Fingerprints & safety
- Tap on Content lock
- You’ll be requested to arrange a safety degree. Follow the stairs.
Once you’re performed with that you'll be able to lock pictures or QuickMemo notes.
- In the Gallery or QuickMemo app make a selection an merchandise
- Tap the 3-dot menu and choose Lock
- Top display locked pieces faucet the 3-dot menu at the primary web page and make a selection Show locked information/memos
Squeeze out additional battery lifestyles while you wish to have it
Everyone has their very own tips for squeezing out additional time while your battery is low. Some folks use plane mode or manually flip off the whole thing that’s now not necessary. The LG V10 has a integrated surroundings for buying each and every remaining drop of juice while your battery is low. Battery Saver mode turns off all non-very important options while your telephone reaches a undeniable low battery proportion. It works nice and most effective calls for a brief arrange.
- Go to Settings > Battery & energy saving
- Tap on Battery saver
- Toggle the transfer on and choose Turn Battery saver on
- Select while you wish to have Battery saver to routinely activate
Let visitors use your telephone with out being nosey
I phone is filled with private knowledge and delicate content material. This could make it tricky to allow folks use your telephone with out your supervision. Screen pin is a brand new function that permits you to lock your telephone to at least one app. You can “pin” a selected app so the consumer can’t do anything.
- Go to Settings > Security > Screen pin
- Toggle the transfer on
To use Screen pin open the app you want to pin, press the multitasking button within the nav bar, scroll up and faucet the thumbtack icon within the backside proper nook of probably the most contemporary app. To unpin an app merely lengthy-press the again and Recents buttons concurrently.
Launch apps via double-tapping the quantity buttons
By now you’ve most probably spotted that LG likes to place buttons at the again of telephones. No one else is doing this, and it in point of fact does make a large number of feel. LG takes good thing about those buttons to accomplish a couple of duties but even so simply adjusting the quantity. You can use them to temporarily release the digital camera or take notes while the show is off.
- Go to Settings > Shortcut key
- Switch the toggle to On
Double tapping Volume Up will release the QuickMemo app for taking notes. Double tapping Volume Down will temporarily release the digital camera. On that very same web page within the settings you'll be able to select to have the digital camera mechanically take a photograph as quickly because it’s introduced from the shortcut.
Use the V10 as a faraway on your TV
More and extra telephones are coming with IR blasters inbuilt, and the V10 is one in every of them. An IR blaster is what remotes use to keep up a correspondence with a tv to show it on, regulate quantity, amendment channels, and so forth. Why fumble for a far flung while you have already got your telephone on you always?
- Open the QuickRemote app
- Tap the + icon
- Choose the kind of tool you’d love to keep an eye on
- Find your tool from the listing
Some units will paintings higher than others. If you in finding that a few buttons at the far flung don’t paintings as it should be you'll be able to faucet the 3-dot menu icon and choose Learn faraway. This will help you software the button via the use of the actual faraway.
Pin apps to the multitasking Rolodex
When you faucet the sq. multitasking button within the navigation bar it brings up an extended Rolodex-like record of contemporary apps. This listing features a very lengthy historical past of apps, and it even recalls the apps you used sooner than powering off the telephone. With the “Clear all” button you'll be able to transparent all of it out, however what if you wish to stay sure apps within the listing always?
- Open the multitasking record
- Tap the pin icon subsequent to the (Y) within the most sensible-proper nook of the app
Set up Downtime to silence your telephone at sure occasions
Are there sure occasions of day while you don’t need to be troubled with notifications? Downtime is a function that permits you to set sure occasions and days on your telephone to routinely move into silent mode. It can also be extremely helpful, and also you will have to for sure use it.
- Go to Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions
- Select Downtime
- Choose the times of the week you’d love it to be enabled
- Choose the beginning and finish time
- Choose when you’d like No interruptions or Priority interruptions all the way through this time
Use apps on the comparable time with Dual Window
If you wish to have to take multi-tasking to the following degree you'll be able to use Dual Window mode. You can run apps on the similar time on each and every part of the show. Dual Window mode doesn’t paintings with all apps, however new for the V10 is Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Other apps come with YouTube, Chrome, Hangouts, Gmail, Messaging, and extra. Here’s learn how to use it.
- Tap the multitasking button
- Select Dual Window
- Select the app to show on most sensible
- Select the app to show at the backside
When Dual Window mode is lively you'll be able to drag the divider among the apps to resize the home windows. To shut one of the crucial apps, you'll be able to merely drag the opposite app to complete monitor.
Use apps on most sensible of alternative apps with QSlide
QSlide is a spot the place you'll be able to temporarily release apps in home windows that flow above no matter what you’re recently doing. The QSlide apps may also be re-sized, made clear, and dragged across the monitor. When you’re looking to carry out more than one duties directly the QSlide apps may also be extremely helpful. There are a few how you can get right of entry to those apps.
- Pull down at the notification color and scroll during the toggles
- Tap at the QSlide toggle and the to be had apps will seem beneath
- To edit which apps seem you'll be able to scroll to the fitting and faucet Edit
- Select the app you want to open and faucet it
- Now you'll be able to drag it, resize through pulling the nook, and modify transparency with the slider.
If you end up the use of those apps so much, you can also need to use the second one approach.
- Go to Settings > Display > Home contact buttons
- Select Button aggregate
- Drag and drop the QSlide button into the navigation bar
Simplify the consumer revel in with Easy Mode
If you’re giving the LG V10 to anyone who’s now not very tech artful, otherwise you don't seem to be tech artful your self, Easy Mode is a pleasant function. In Easy Mode the icons at the house monitor are simplified, the textual content is greater, and it’s simple to create velocity dial shortcuts. This mode isn’t for everybody, however everyone knows anyone who may just use it.
- Go to Settings > Home monitor
- Tap Select Home
- Choose EasyHome
Find extra details about the LG V10 at Android Forums!
Now that you understand the whole thing approximately this superior telephone you'll be able to join the LG V10 forum over at Android Forums. You’ll in finding conversations approximately customization, troubleshooting issues, equipment, and a lot more. It’s the most productive position to visit ask questions and be informed extra approximately your new telephone. Here are a couple of threads you'll be taken with: