So, you’ve were given the HTC One A9? Nice. It’s a perfect little telephone for those who don’t want one thing with the huge specifications of a flagship. Even although the One A9 isn’t as tough as any other telephones, it nonetheless has a ton to provide. HTC has packed in simply as many options as you possibly can in finding on some other telephone. We’ll allow you to get probably the most out of the One A9 with those 30 guidelines and tips!
How to take a screenshot at the HTC One A9
Taking a screenshot is among the so much fundamental purposes of the HTC One A9. It’s additionally one of the crucial requested questions while a brand new tool just like the One A9 launches. Here’s easy methods to do it:
- Visit the display you wish to have to seize
- Hold down the facility button and quantity down button
- You’ll listen a shutter sound and the screenshot shall be brought for your notification bar
- From there you'll be able to Share or Delete the screenshot
Get content material out of your antique telephone
One of the primary belongings you’re going to need to do is switch content material out of your antique tool. HTC has constructed within the skill to get content material from any form of telephone: iPhone, Samsung, or differently. It’s actually simple to do. Open up the Settings and navigate to Get content material from any other telephone. You’ll see choices for “HTC Android telephone, Other Android telephone,” and “iPhone.” Tap the only you wish to have and practice the directions.
Use your fingerprint to free up the telephone
We’ve mentioned how great the fingerprint sensor is on the One A9 many times. It’s tremendous rapid and really dependable. You’re no doubt going to need to use it. Setting up the fingerprint sensor will help you release your telephone, make purchases within the Play Store, and extra. Here’s the right way to do it.
- Go to Settings > Fingerprint scanner
- Tap Add fingerprint > Next
- If you haven’t already arrange a lock monitor trend, PIN, or password, you’ll be requested to set one up
- Tap Start
- Choose which finger to make use of, contact the scanner till it vibrates, then raise your finger
- Repeatedly contact the scanner till the fingerprint has been effectively recorded
- After you’ve effectively recorded your fingerprint, faucet Done
Use sensible lock to circumvent the lock monitor in depended on scenarios
Even even though the use of your fingerprint is extra handy than having to go into a trend/PIN/password each and every time you unencumber your telephone, it will probably nonetheless be a nuisance. With a function referred to as Smart Lock, you'll be able to have your telephone mechanically cast off the safe lock display once you stroll during the door of your house. You may even set it in order that it’s unlocked while it’s in your individual, or say, hooked up to a Bluetooth software like your smartwatch, wireless speaker, or automotive stereo. Should you allow the telephone in a cafe, you’ll have the piece of thoughts of figuring out that it routinely locked itself.
Go to Settings > Security > Smart Lock (input password/PIN/trend). From there you’ll have a couple of choices:
- Trusted units – stay your telephone unlocked while hooked up to precise units (speaker, automotive, smartwatch) by means of Bluetooth.
- Trusted puts – stay your telephone unlocked while you arrive in particular puts (house, paintings, and so on.).
- Trusted face – telephone will mechanically release while it acknowledges your face after turning the monitor on.
- Trusted voice – release the telephone the use of your voice.
Be ready for a misplaced or stolen telephone
Should your phone be misplaced or even stolen, it would be best to log into Google’s Android Device Manager, the place you'll be able to monitor it, ring it, lock it (and alter to a brand new password) or erase its contents from afar. Thankfully, Android comes pre-loaded with the Device Manager capability. Visit the Android Device Manager web portal to ensure your present software is about up. You too can obtain the Android Device Manager app to watch your different units out of your telephone.
Use Google Now on Tap for a brand new option to seek
Since the HTC One A9 is among the first units with Android Marshmallow, you get to make use of the up to date options from Google. One of the most productive new issues in Marshmallow is referred to as “Google Now on Tap.” It’s an absolutely new strategy to seek for issues. All you must do is lengthy-press the house button. Google will test your monitor, after which supply contextual effects. If you’re speaking approximately Mark Hamill it's going to come up with hyperlinks to his IMDB and social networks.
- Touch and grasp the Home button
- Follow the directions to activate Now on faucet in your tool
Use gestures from the lock monitor as shortcuts
HTC has incorporated quite a lot of to hand gestures that will let you temporarily leap to sure puts proper from the lock display, or while the show is off. All you need to do is make the most of a couple of swipes and faucets to release immediately into your favourite apps. To allow the next gestures, pass to Settings > Display & gestures > Motion Launch gestures.
- Double faucet to get up & sleep – pick out up the telephone in portrait and double-faucet to wake, do it once more to sleep
- Swipe as much as free up – pick out up the telephone in portrait and swipe as much as unencumber
- Swipe left to visit Home display – pick out up the telephone in portrait and swipe left to head in an instant Home
- Swipe proper to release Blinkfeed – similar factor, however swipe proper to head in an instant to Blinkfeed
- Volume button to release Camera – pick out up the telephone in panorama and press the quantity button to release the digital camera
Keep your palms heat on a cold day with Glove Mode
For while the cold winds of wintry weather blow, you gained’t have to fret approximately disposing of your heat gloves in an effort to use your One A9. HTC has incorporated a to hand glove mode that will increase touchscreen sensitivity to learn enter even thru a layer of material.
- To allow glove mode, navigate to Settings > Display & gestures and faucet the test field subsequent to Glove mode.
Take keep an eye on of permissions
Why does the Twitter app want to realize my region? Why does Facebook want to get entry to my microphone? If those are questions you’ve requested, you are going to love Android Marshmallow. Instead of seeing an extended record of permissions while you set up an app, you are going to be alerted while an app requests permission to do one thing. If Whatsapp needs to make use of your digital camera it's going to ask in your permission first.
It’s additionally imaginable to make a choice which permission you’d love to deny. The new App Info web page within the Settings has a piece for permissions. You can merely unselect which belongings you don’t need an app to have permission to do. Go to Settings > Apps > make a selection an app > Permissions.
Choose which apps use the notification LED and while
The notification LED is a death breed on Android units. Luckily for One A9 house owners, the notification gentle is alive and smartly. Some folks like notification lighting fixtures, other folks don’t. You can’t utterly disable the sunshine at the One A9, however you'll be able to customise the way it paintings.
- To setup the notification LED, navigate to Settings > Sound & notification. From right here faucet Flash notifications to make a choice whether or not to all the time flash the LED gentle or most effective while the show is became off.
- To set flash notifications for person products and services, faucet App gentle notifications. From right here you'll be able to make a selection to make use of the LED notification gentle for ignored calls, voice mail, messages, calendar occasions, mail, and alarms.
Take good thing about the SD card slot
No, you’re now not dreaming. The One A9 does certainly have an SD card slot. This is a death function in these days’s global of cloud garage. If you will have the One A9 you’ll need to benefit from this uncommon possibility. Here are a few SD playing cards that you'll be able to pop for your telephone.
- SanDisk Ultra 8GB microSD with adapter
- Kingston 16GB microSD with adapter
- Samsung 32GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD with adapter
- SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSD with adapter
Show the battery proportion within the standing bar
If you love to stay an in depth eye on battery lifestyles, you'll be able to show the battery proportion subsequent to the battery icon within the standing bar. Simply pass to Settings > Power and test the field subsequent to Show battery degree.
Enable battery saver mode to squeeze out extra lifestyles
One of the dangerous issues concerning the HTC One A9 is that may be has a gorgeous small battery. Should you end up in that precarious state of affairs the place no outlet is local and your energy is dwindling, you could have a few choices.
As with all Android Marshmallow units, the One A9 comes with a integrated battery saver mode. It will cause mechanically while your telephone drops right down to 15%, however it may be manually enabled via navigating to Settings > Power and flipping Power saver to the On place.
If you wish to have much more additional juice, an Ultra energy saving mode can also be enabled the use of the similar procedure. This will placed the telephone in an excessive energy saving mode. You will best have get right of entry to to a choose few apps, and the topic shall be switched to darkish to preserve battery.
Crank up animations to hurry up your telephone
Psst. We have a mystery to percentage. Android has stunning animations, however they may be able to be annoyingly sluggish, particularly on a tool just like the One A9. After a whilst it kind of feels such as you’re continuously looking ahead to animations to complete sooner than you'll be able to get for your stuff. We like animations, however we would like the transitions have been just a bit faster.
Google has hidden a mystery approach to try this on each and every tool. First, move into Settings > About > Software knowledge > More. Find “Build quantity” and faucet it a host of occasions in fast succession. You’ll realize a message telling you that Developer choices were unlocked. Go again to Settings and faucet the brand new Developer choices. Scroll right down to Advanced, then modify the window animation, transition animation, and animation periods.
Create a customized subject only for you
The HTC One A9 comes with a couple of pre-put in subject matters out of the field, however in the event you’re now not partial to the ones you'll be able to create your personal. In reality, Sense can create a customized topic for you. All it's a must to do is make a selection a photograph. Sense will then determine colours from that photograph and alter accessory colours, icons, or even gadget sounds.
When you are taking a photograph and consider it within the gallery there's an choice for “Themes.” It will ask you to crop the photograph, after which it's going to test the photograph and determine other colours. After that it is going to provide you with a few other subject matters to make a choice from, all of that are in line with the photograph you took. It’s a actually simple and fast solution to get a singular glance.
Use the HTC adaptive house display widget
HTC is all approximately including options to the Android house monitor. Last yr they introduced BlinkFeed, a move of knowledge that lives only a swipe away. Now, with the up to date model of Sense, HTC has introduced the “Sense Home Widget.” This widget attempts to are expecting which apps you’ll need to use at a specific time or position.
If Sense determines that you're at paintings the widget would possibly show productiveness apps. When you return house from paintings the widget would possibly display leisure apps. The concept of adjusting the house monitor for various scenarios isn't new. In the earlier producers have made it imaginable to arrange other profiles for various puts, however Sense Home Widget does all of that for you. If you don’t need to use it you'll be able to merely cast off the widget.
Add content material to BlinkFeed (or dispose of it utterly)
BlinkFeed is HTC’s all-in-one touchdown on your information feeds, social updates, and new region-primarily based tips, all simply accessed with a easy swipe to the left from your house display. Configuring BlinkFeed to paintings the best way you wish to have is straightforward.
To upload or dispose of pieces from BlinkFeed:
- From your house monitor, swipe all of the strategy to the left to get right of entry to BlinkFeed
- Tap the menu icon within the higher lefthand nook
- Tap the + icon so as to add or do away with content material
You will now be in a position to make a choice the content material you want to view for your BlinkFeed via opting for from a choice of social networks and different resources (or on the other hand unselecting the resources you now not want to obtain updates from).
To allow to disable region-primarily based tips
- From your house display, swipe all of the option to the left to get right of entry to BlinkFeed
- Tap the menu icon within the higher lefthand nook
- Tap the + icon
- Check or uncheck Meal time package
Remove BlinkFeed from your house monitors
If you want to take away BlinkFeed from your house display altogether, you'll be able to do this as smartly. Simply navigate to the BlinkFeed settings menu as defined above, make a selection Manage house monitor panels, make a selection your BlinkFeed panel, and faucet Remove. You can repair BlinkFeed at any time via navigating to Settings > Personalize > Manage Home monitor panels.
Adjust the monitor colour mode
The One A9 has an AMOLED show. Basically, this implies darks are darker and colours are extra colourful. HTC has performed a pleasant process by way of retaining the colours from taking a look too overly saturated, however they’ve additionally inbuilt a surroundings that permits you to regulate how colours glance.
- Go to Settings > Display & gestures
- Tap on Color profile and make a selection AMOLED or sRGB
Use the whole 13.1MP digital camera
HTC, and a large number of different producers, do one thing in reality demanding with digital camera apps. In order to make the digital camera glance lovely, they're going to have 16:9 side ratio by way of default. This signifies that you on a regular basis aren’t the use of the digital camera to its complete attainable. On the One A9 the digital camera is about to 10MP (16:9) by way of default. You will have to amendment it to the whole 13.1MP (4:3).
- Open the digital camera
- In digital camera mode, faucet the 3-dot menu icon
- Tap Photo Size and make a selection 13.1MP
Switch the digital camera to Pro, Hyperlapse, or Slow movement mode
The default digital camera revel in is naked bones and easy for everybody to make use of. If you favor one thing a bit extra hardcore, there's Pro Mode and a few different a laugh issues to play with. Pro Mode will give you keep an eye on over such things as ISO, publicity, and opting for RAW layout. You can simply transfer to another mode each time you’d like. Open the digital camera app and faucet the 4 circles icon. Choose from the listing of modes.
- Pro – ISO, white stability, publicity, record output
- Hyperlapse – compress an extended video right into a clean time lapse
- Slow Motion – slows down video (sluggish movement movies may also be restored to common velocity)
- Selfie – take a photograph with the entrance-dealing with digital camera
- Panorama – is helping you line up consecutive photographs for a landscape photograph
Plug in a few headphones to make use of Boomsound
Unfortunately, the HTC One A9 doesn’t have the nice twin entrance-dealing with Boomsound audio system just like the HTC One M9. The just right information is that the One A9 nonetheless has the Boomsound functions, however you’ll want a pair of headphones to listen to it.
- Plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- Open Settings > HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio
- Select an choice from the Choose your headphones monitor
- The telephone recalls the headphone profile you selected so that you don’t have to make a choice it once more subsequent time
Set up Android Pay to make cellular bills
Whether you hate pulling out your pockets and swiping your bank card, otherwise you merely need a backup way of purchasing issues will have to you allow your pockets at house, Android Pay makes it simple to make purchases the use of not anything however your phone. The One A9 is able to the use of Android Pay, however you must set it up first.
- Open the Android Pay app for your telephone
- Touch the + signal within the backside-proper nook
- Touch Add a credit score or debit card
- If you have already got associated playing cards, select one or contact Add some other card
- Use the digital camera to seize your card information or input it manually
Keep in thoughts that Android Pay additionally works any place faucet-to-pay or Apple Pay is established. You can discover a complete record of Android Pay supported banks over here.
Explore the HTC One A9 boards
Did you understand Android Forums has a devoted HTC One A9 forum? Of direction you probably did, so why now not use it for your merit? It’s the very best position for noobs and pro vets alike to return in combination to percentage their reports with the One A9, unearth much more guidelines and tips, and ask and solution any lingering questions on HTC’s up to date. Check out those threads to start out: