After studying everything you need to know about the Moto G 2015, you made a decision to drop a pair hundos and make the acquisition. You’re approximately to rip open the field – or perhaps you have already got – and at the moment are thinking about the place to start out. Why proper right here, in fact: those are the primary 14 things every Motorola Moto G 2015 owner should do.
(1) Make room for all of your stuff
Depending on which version of the Moto G you purchased, you’ll both have 8GB or 16GB of garage. I wholesome component of if you want to be taken up through the Android Lollipop running gadget, leaving you with even much less area on your personal use. Thankfully, the Moto G has a detachable duvet and microSD slot, permitting us to make room for as much as 32GB of extra area.
Amazon frequently has deals on microSD cards and we’d individually suggest San Disk for his or her aggregate of reliability and worth:
- 8GB microSD by San Disk (Amazon)
- 16GB microSD by San Disk (Amazon)
- 32GB microSD by San Disk (Amazon)
There is a great probability that 64GB and 128GB cards may even paintings within the Moto G 2015, however Motorola is handiest formally assisting as much as 32GB playing cards, in order that’s all we will be able to appropriately suggest.
(2) Avoid mayhem with 5 faucets
Now that your telephone’s clean canvas is ready for an inflow of apps and video games, allow’s just remember to don’t by accident car-obtain the ones over your mobile connection, consuming up gigabytes of cellular knowledge and hitting your pockets with overage charges.
Google will ask you, all the way through the setup procedure, if you wish to hook up with a WiFi community (you should, if you'll be able to). Better but, Google will needless to say the names and passwords of earlier WiFi networks you’ve used for your account.
But what in case you’re now not inside of vary of a Wi-Fi connection? And you in reality, actually, in point of fact need to arrange your telephone? Or perhaps you’ve by accident skipped the Wi-Fi step and apps are downloading in speedy fireplace and panic has set in? No drawback…
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap the menu icon within the most sensible left
- Tap “Settings”
- Make positive “Auto-update apps” is about to “over Wi-Fi most effective”
- Make positive “Add icon to Home monitor” is unchecked
Another choice: flip cellular knowledge off simply to make certain.
This will make certain that massive information aren’t downloading over your cellular knowledge connection. And once they do obtain – over Wi-FI – your house monitors gained’t be overflowed with an unorganized tyranny of unending app icons.
(3) Transfer stuff: antique telephone to new telephone
Chances are you’ll need to take all the stuff out of your antique telephone and convey it on your new telephone. There are how you can do this and also you’ll need to use each:
- Android Lollipop’s new “Restore” function
- Motorola Migrate at the Moto G 2015
Android’s new “Restore” function is incredible, permitting you to make a selection a lately used Android Phone and clone the apps, video games, and settings for your new telephone. You’re in a position to manually make a selection from an inventory of apps to sync because of this you’ll obtain precisely what you wish to have on your new tool: not more, no much less.
This all occurs right through the preliminary setup procedure, so you'll want to don’t disregard or skip the “Get your apps & knowledge” monitor. Make positive you choose the correct source tool and regulate the record of apps so it most effective installs what you wish to have. To be protected, you can also need to wait till you’re at house and hooked up to a Wi-Fi community to finish this step. When you’re performed, here's what is going to be restored:
- Google Calendar settings
- Wi-Fi networks & passwords
- Home monitor wallpapers
- Gmail settings
- Apps put in thru Google Play (subsidized up at the Play Store app)
- Display settings (Brightness & Sleep)
- Language & Input settings
- Date & Time
- Third-birthday celebration app settings & knowledge (varies via app)
Motorola Migrate gets you the remainder of the best way, restoring pieces that have been in your antique telephone and ONLY your antique telephone (now not stored within the cloud). Like the ones superior vacay % you by no means were given round to posting on FB/IG.
- Call logs
You can whole Motorola Migrate all the way through Android’s preliminary arrange procedure (it’s the remaining step) or afterwards. All you wish to have is the Motorola Migrate app which you'll be able to download from the Google Play Store.
The procedure couldn’t be more effective:
- Download Motorola Migrate on each telephones (antique and new)
- Launch Motorola Migrate at the new telephone
- Choose emigrate knowledge TO this software
- Launch Motorola Migrate at the antique telephone
- Use the antique telephone to test the QR Code
The units will shape a peer-to-peer connection and beam over the whole thing you decided on thru an immediate Wi-Fi connection. And through the best way… iPhone customers too can use Motorola Migrate.
(4) Update all the things
From the time you customized your telephone on Moto Maker to the instant it arrived at the doorstep, the apps in your Moto G were accumulating mud. Many of the apps that come pre-put in at the software could have essential updates ready at the Google Play Store, from insects and safety patches to fully new options and capability. You arrange Automatic Updates (over Wi-Fi best) in a prior step, however there’s a great opportunity that apps with new permissions are looking ahead to your approval.
Make positive your whole apps are up to date:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap the menu icon within the most sensible left
- Tap “My apps”
- Tap the “Installed” tab
- Tap the “Update All” button
There you move. Now the whole thing is tremendous recent and up to the moment.
(5) Download the Best Apps & Games
Yay! Now that you’re again and up to the moment (or no less than your whole stuff is), it’s time to grow to be higher than ever.
In the stairs above we’ve taken all of the your favourite stuff from the earlier and taken it into the existing. Now we’ll convey your telephone into the longer term with our lists of best possible apps and video games.
When it involves the Best Games for the Moto G 2015, allow’s be fair: it doesn’t have probably the most beefy processor on the planet. Get any delusions of enjoying first individual shooters with crystal transparent pics from your head now and allow’s pick out a few easy video games that we all know will run simply high-quality. Here are a few contemporary Phandroid favorites:
- 12 Grapes
- Outpost Command
- Spin Commander
- Sword of Xolan
- Zero Punctuation: Hatfall
MORE: Best Games of the Month
When it involves the Best Apps for the Moto G 2015, the global is your oyster. There are all the time logo-spanking new apps and video games, larger and higher enhancements, and loopy new ideas with the intention to blow your thoughts. To stay on most sensible of the most productive new apps and video games, we propose you practice our regularly published series of best apps. Here are a few nice ones first of all:
- Nova Launcher (Home Screen Replacement)
- MyRoll (Gallery alternative)
- Google Camera (Camera alternative)
- Noyze (Volume controls)
- My Paid Apps (View paid app acquire historical past)
- Push Bullet (Get Android notifications in your pc)
- Viral Lite (Floating YouTube participant)
MORE: Best Apps of the Month
(6) Clear out redundant notifications
All the ones apps and video games may just lead to a you-realize-what typhoon of notifications in case you’re now not cautious. By default, utterly needless tidbits are needlessly filled into your notification tray, taking on area and taking a look unsightly: service branding and the icon of the app you’re lately the use of. You can simply cast off either one of those, leaving more space for things that in reality topic.
To do away with service identify from notifications:
- Open Settings
- Tap “More” within the “Wireless & networks” segment
- Tap “Cellular networks”
- Uncheck “Show cellular community”
To get rid of present app icon from notifications:
- Open the “Moto” app from the app tray
- From the “Hello” Screen faucet the 3-dot overflow icon within the most sensible proper
- Tap “Settings”
- Uncheck “Notifications: Show the present task within the standing bar”
There could also be occasions you wish to have those options enabled (roaming, new apps, and so on…), so should you favor them enabled, simply depart them enabled.
(7) Prepare for crisis
When your telephone is misplaced or stolen it seems like the arena would possibly finish. Nothing may well be worse. You’ve misplaced the whole thing and there is not any solution to get it again. And oh my god, all of the delicate knowledge that might spell crisis if it fell into the mistaken palms!
This is your pleasant reminder to organize RIGHT NOW!
- Download the Android Device Manager app
- Enable Motorola ID in Settings > Motorola ID
- Set a display lock in Settings > Security > Screen lock
- Add touch information to house monitor in Settings > Security > Owner information
For extra at the matter, learn our complete information to finding a lost or stolen Android Phone.
Don’t fear, we’ll wait patiently proper right here at the same time as you whole the above. You’ll thank us later.
(8) Setup the arena’s best possible release
Your telephone is now a treasure chest of extremely secured superior. The best factor among you and its magical powers are the lock display. Trust us, you DO need to offer protection to your telephone with a lock monitor, however the Moto G has a few mystery options that permit you to utterly bypass the lock display while it is aware of you – and best you – are the use of it.
After putting in place your lock monitor of selection:
- Go to Settings > Security > Smart Lock
- Trusted Devices: vehicle-unencumber while inside of vary of a bluetooth tool that you simply personal
- Trusted Places: car-unencumber while at particular cope with you designate (house, paintings, and so forth…)
- Trusted Face: release together with your face the use of selfie digital camera
- Trusted Voice: allow “Ok Google” free up your software while voice fits yours
- On-frame detection: stay unlocked while on your pocket
O’d in my opinion suggest the use of depended on units and puts (voice is a toss-up). Trusted face is just too bulky to be sensible and A discovered on-frame detection to lead to too many errant butt-dial taste errors.
(9) Protect your privateness
Getting messages for your lock display is a gorgeous factor, particularly with Moto Display, however now and again private or personal notifications slip during the cracks. Whether you’ve were given any person taking a look over your shoulder or your telephone is sitting at the desk, getting the incorrect notification on the flawed time can lead to nice embarrassment (or worse).
The Moto G 2015 has a function that forestalls you from appearing exclusive knowledge however nonetheless allow’s you revel in the advantages of lock display notifications.
Here is how you'll be able to stay your most sensible-mystery knowledge most sensible-mystery:
- Open the Moto app
- Tap “Display (O notify you at a look)”
- Tap “Wake display while notifications arrive” and choose “Moto Display”
- Tap “Block apps” and select apps you NEVER need to show notifications
- Tap “Select how so much element presentations” and choose “Hide delicate notification content material”
If you get a notification you would like were introduced to privateness settings, merely lengthy press at the notification for extra choices after which the “i” icon for more info. From right here you’ll be capable of utterly block sure apps from appearing ANY notifications. You can get right of entry to this feature for any app at any time through going to Settings > Sound and notifications > App notifications > Select an app.
(10) Do now not disturb
We’re on a roll with maintaining undesirable folks out, so allow’s proceed with that topic by way of allowing “Do now not disturb” mode. It’s referred to as “Interruptions” at the Moto G however A don’t for my part deal with that naming- who needs to allow interruptions? That turns out complicated. A’d choose Google/Motorola name it “Do now not disturb” and make allowance for “exceptions” within the settings, however O digress.
After one fast click on of the Volume rocker, you’re in a position to toggle among 3 notification varieties: None, Priority, and All. The first and ultimate are obtrusive. The center one – Priority – is largely the “exceptions” which are allowed at the same time as in Do now not disturb mode.
Here is the best way to very best set it up:
- Go to Settings > Sound & notification > Interruptions
- Choose what interruptions you wish to have (Events/Reminders, Calls, Messages)
- Choose what contacts are allowed to break
- Choose downtime days/hours (pre-scheduled “Do now not disturb” time)
You too can use Moto Assist to stop interruptions at the same time as you’re slumbering (manually set sleep occasions) and right through conferences (in line with decided on calendar). The sleep time table turns out somewhat redundant and inconvenient, however the “Meetings” function in Moto Assist is for sure value a shot.
You too can upload Places to Moto Assist in order that you by no means get calls or messages while you’re in essential puts like a film theatre, church, and so forth… merely upload a “Place” to Moto Assist in the course of the Moto App and choose “Custom”.
(11) Make Google Now your own butler
If you swipe to the suitable out of your Moto G house display you’ll be taken to Google Now. If you’re new to Android, Google Now is largely an individual assistant that makes an attempt to turn you what you wish to have to peer, prior to you even ask for it. If you’re already a Google Now consumer, take this time to update your personal tastes to make it even higher.
- Swipe proper from the house display to open Google Now
- Tap the menu icon within the most sensible left
- Tap “Customize” and customize your choices
- Go again to the menu and faucet “Settings”
- Tap “Voice” and activate all choices
- Tap “Phone seek” and come with all choices
- Tap “Show playing cards” and ensure it’s became on
Google Now is only going to get better. And should you’re now not you’re now not the use of voice instructions you then’re lacking out: it’s one of Android’s best features. That being stated, you’re loose to show off Google Now altogether should you’d like: move to Google Now > Settings > Now Cards > Show Cards (off). This may also cast off the Google Now web page from your house monitor.
(12) Optimize for higher battery lifestyles
Some things in this earth are valuable. Battery lifestyles is a type of things. To get probably the most distance out of your Moto G, we suggest a couple of battery saving guidelines:
- Go to Settings > Battery > Menu > Battery Saver > Turn on routinely at Y% battery
- Go to Settings > Display > Adaptive brightness > On
- Go to Settings > Display > Sleep > and select the bottom period that’s now not frustrating
- Black wallpapers drain much less battery: placed your finger over the digital camera lens, take an image, and set it as your wallpaper
- Go to Settings > About telephone > Build quantity (10 occasions) to allow developer mode. Then return, choose developer choices, scroll right down to the “Drawing” segment, and switch all the “Animation scale” choices to “Animation off”
- Turn on Airplane Mode on every occasion you don’t plan on the use of your software for prolonged sessions (this turns off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Cellular Data). Turn them off selectively if you wish to have one or lively.
These are only a few battery saving guidelines and tips, however in case you in point of fact need to be ready, check out keeping an external battery pack handy.
(13) Master Moto G Tips & Tricks
There are a handful of guidelines and tips which are unique to Motorola and the Moto G 2015. Among them are an incredible approach to temporarily get right of entry to your flashlight and digital camera at the same time as your telephone is off.
To flip off and on the flashlight, make a “chop” movement occasions.
To release the digital camera, twist your wrist two times whilst protecting the telephone. Twist two times once more to modify from rear digital camera to entrance digital camera.
A didn’t in particular like this option as a result of A discovered its good fortune spotty and in addition discovered it once in a while introduced the digital camera by chance (like whilst operating). However… helpful to understand if you'll be able to get the cling of it. My good fortune price used to be stepped forward after mentally converting my way from “Twist wrist two times” to “Do the cupped hand Ms. America wave”.
Stay tuned for a whole record of Moto G 2015 Tips & Tricks within the coming days.
(14) Get lend a hand: the Moto G 2015 Forums
It’s unattainable for everybody to understand the whole thing. And with the mix of units, vendors, apps, video games, places, settings, and so forth… you’re positive to run into distinctive issues that you simply can’t uncover the answer to on-line. That’s why you’ve were given the Moto G 2015 Forums on the place else however AndroidForums.com.
Head over there for the whole thing associated with the Moto G 2015 together with Help/Support, Tips/Tricks, Rooting, and Downloads.
MORE: Moto G 2015 Forums