If you personal, or plan to possess, the LG G4 you have got decided to head towards the grain. While everybody else gushes over the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 you’ve went with the lesser-recognized LG G4. We assume you’ve made a in reality sensible choice. The LG G4 is a smart tool with a large number of distinctive options. In this information we’ll display you a few of the ones options and different things you wish to have to do presently.
1. Set up KnockCode
Security is very important in relation to smartphones. This software holds a large number of private knowledge, and it’s with you always. Android telephones include a host of various how you can lock your tool, however the G4 has one you’ve by no means noticed. KnockCode lets you arrange a trend of faucets to release your phonefle. Here’s learn how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Lock monitor > Select monitor lock
- Tap on Knock Code
- Tap the sq. 3-8 occasions in a trend you'll be able to keep in mind that
- Tap Continue after which make sure the trend once more
- Next you are going to create a backup PIN quantity when you put out of your mind the KnockCode
- That’s it!
When you get up your telephone you are going to see a sq. space at the lock monitor so that you can input your KnockCode, however there's a good higher strategy to do it. When the show is off you'll be able to carry out your KnockCode and the show will get up and free up mechanically, bypassing the lock monitor altogether.
2. Set up Smart Settings
One of the brand new tool options at the LG G4 is referred to as Smart Settings. With this option you'll be able to have the G4 mechanically modify settings in accordance with your region or hooked up equipment. For instance, while you’re at paintings you'll be able to have the notification sound became off, or while you get house WiFi can mechanically be enabled. It’s a shockingly to hand function you’ll need to use.
- Go to Settings > Smart Functions > Smart Settings
- You’ll see an inventory of toggles for “Home, Away,” and “Accessory.”
- Simply toggle the settings you’d love to have enabled in each and every segment
Note: In order to make use of the “Home” settings you’ll need to activate “My Places” in Settings > General > Location.
3. Download the most productive apps and video games
Before we pass to any extent further you’re going to need a few apps. Downloading apps from the Play Store is likely one of the first things you’re going to do, however with such a lot of to make a choice from it may be daunting. How do you understand which apps are the most productive, and the way do you find the hidden gemstones that most of the people don’t find out about? The very best approach is to learn from our extensive library of app guides. Here are a couple of chances are you'll need to test our at this time.
- 40+ Apps for new Android users
- Best Android apps for college students
- 10 Most Addictive Android Games for Killing Time
- Top 10 Android dating apps
- Best Android Apps for learning languages
4. Use Event Pocket
Another new device function referred to as “Event Pocket” can also be discovered inside of LG’s calendar app. When opened, Event Pocket will provide quite a few pieces culled out of your Facebook occasions or local attractions, permitting you to pull and drop them right away on your calendar. For the ones handling an eternally busy time table, Event Pocket may just transform a useful gizmo.
To use Event Pocket merely faucet the icon within the most sensible proper of the calendar app. You will probably be requested to signal into Facebook. The Event Pocket is a slide-out menu from the correct aspect. You can drag and drop pieces, comparable to Facebook occasions and pictures, from the slide-out menu proper onto the calendar. Event Pocket may also make tips approximately native occasions.
5. Customize the navigation buttons
The G4 has device navigation buttons around the backside of the show. The good thing about device navigation buttons is the versatility they supply. Unlike bodily buttons they may be able to disappear to make room for complete display apps, or on this case be custom designed to turn extra buttons. You can rearrange the prevailing buttons, or upload as much as additional buttons.
- Go to Settings > Display > Home contact buttons
- Select Button aggregate
- You can drag and drop the buttons in any order you prefer, however there can’t be greater than 5 within the bar
- Changes will display up within the navigation bar instantly
- You too can select the colour of the buttons at the earlier web page
6. Create folders within the app drawer
Creating folders on your house display is a great way to prepare apps, however LG takes that concept one step additional. With the default LG launcher you'll be able to create customized folders within the app drawer. The app drawer is the world that presentations your whole put in apps. Folders can in reality help you in finding apps when you have so much put in.
- On the house monitor faucet the app drawer icon (seems like a circle with 6 dots inside of it)
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon within the higher proper nook
- Select View apps through and make a selection Custom
- Still within the app drawer, faucet the 3-dot menu icon once more
- Select Edit/Uninstall apps
- Now you'll be able to drag apps on most sensible of one another to create folders
- Tap the test mark within the higher proper nook while you’re performed
- Tap at the folder and faucet “Folder” to rename and select the colour
7. Set up Smart Notice
When you first boot up the G4 you’ll realize a large widget at the house display with climate, date, and time. Under all that, at the similar widget, is a space that presentations textual content with a down arrow at the proper aspect. This is LG’s “Smart Notice” widget. Smart Notice is LG’s try at a Google Now-like notification carrier that notifies you of things prior to you wish to have it.
To use Smart Notice you simply want to have the widget on your house display. Tap at the settings icon within the most sensible proper nook of the widget to customise it. You’ll be in a position to make a choice if you wish to have new card notifications, and a host of various choices for other folks, time, puts, and call information. Some examples come with birthdays, climate signals, and extra. It’s a nifty function, however most of the people almost definitely have already got apps that do so much of what it does.
8. Multi-process with floating app home windows
QSlide is a spot the place you'll be able to temporarily release apps in home windows that glide above no matter what you’re lately doing. The QSlide apps may also be re-sized, made clear, and dragged across the display. When you’re looking to carry out more than one duties directly the QSlide apps can also be extremely helpful. There are a few how you can get right of entry to those apps.
- Pull down at the notification colour and scroll in the course of the toggles
- Tap at the QSlide toggle and the to be had apps will seem beneath
- To edit which apps seem right here you'll be able to scroll to the best and faucet Edit
- Select the app you want to open and faucet it
- Now you'll be able to drag it, resize through pulling the nook, and regulate transparency with the slider.
If you end up the use of those apps so much you can also need to use the second one means.
- Go to Settings > Display > Home contact buttons
- Select Button aggregate
- Drag and drop the QSlide button into the navigation bar
9. Use Dual Window mode
If you wish to have to take multi-tasking to the following degree you'll be able to use Dual Window mode. You can run apps on the similar time on each and every part of the show. Dual Window mode doesn’t paintings with all apps, however new for the G4 is Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Other apps come with YouTube, Chrome, Hangouts, Gmail, Messaging, and extra. Here’s how one can use it.
- Long-press the Back button
- Select the app to show on most sensible
- Select the app to show at the backside
Another approach to do that is to press the Recents button and choose Dual window. When Dual Window mode is lively you'll be able to drag the divider among the apps to resize the home windows. To shut probably the most apps you'll be able to merely drag the opposite app to complete monitor.
10. Open apps temporarily with the quantity buttons
One of probably the most iconic options of LG telephones has turn into the notorious buttons at the again of the telephone. No one else is hanging buttons at the again of telephones, and it in reality does make a large number of feel. LG takes good thing about those buttons to accomplish a couple of duties but even so simply adjusting the quantity. You can use them to temporarily release the digital camera or take notes while the show is off.
- Go to Settings > Shortcut key
- Switch the toggle to On
Double tapping Volume Up will release the QMemo app for taking notes. Double tapping Volume Down will temporarily release the digital camera. On that very same web page within the settings you'll be able to make a selection to have the digital camera mechanically take a photograph as quickly because it’s introduced from the shortcut.
Bonus: Explore the LG G4 boards
If you’re already an owner of a LG G4, otherwise you plan to shop for one once they free up, you'll be able to sign up for the LG G4 forum over at Android Forums. You’ll in finding conversations approximately customization, troubleshooting issues, equipment, and a lot more. It’s the most productive position to visit ask questions and be informed extra approximately your new telephone. Here are a couple of threads you will be keen on: