BlackBerry just released the updates to the applications for the Android devices. This update is quite a special one, introducing additional features to a few of the applications, which includes the BlackBerry Launcher and introduces the dark theme to it. Be sure to check them out!
Here’s what have changed throughout:
BlackBerry Hub+ Apps
- Accounts Improvements: It’s easier than ever to stay organized! You can now choose to hide specific accounts from Hub and Contacts and stop them from synchronizing. You can also set a default email account in the Hub for sending.
- A Better Hub at a Glance: Create a custom view for emails that can be personalized to multiple, specific contacts and show contact avatars in Hub email notifications.
- Tasks Improvements: Completed tasks can now be hidden.
- More Attachments: .eml email attachments are now viewable.
BlackBerry Android Keyboard
- Switching Languages: Enjoy visual enhancements and quicker response when you switch languages.
- Expanded Chinese Input: Our keyboard now supports Chinese input methods like Stoke and Zhuyin!
- Fingerprint support: If you are using password autofill, you can use your fingerprint on supported phones, including DTEK60, to unlock Password Keeper for faster access.
- Chats now support very long messages!
- Access all Free Stickers in one tap from BBM Discovery Tab.
- More secure Sign In for Users who Signed Up with Phone.
- Bug fixes.
- Dark Theme: Give your launcher a sleeker, sexier look! Dark Theme makes the background of the “All Apps” grid black instead of white.
BlackBerry Password Keeper
- Autofill Enhancements: Unlock autofill with your fingerprint directly from the BlackBerry Keyboard.
- Built-in Browser: Open and log in to web pages directly from Password Keeper, even on non-BlackBerry devices.
- New Password Font: Is that a small l in your password, or a capital I? Now you’ll be able to tell!
- Non-Latin Character Support: Password Keeper now supports non-Latin characters, including Chinese.