In the face of latest competitors from Apple, smartwatch maker Pebble has released an update to the device’s firmware that permits all-new activity tracking options for well being purposes. To accompany this replace, new Pebble apps from Jawbone and others that combine with the well being and health tracking options.
The app by Misfit can be able to monitoring sleep and motion utilizing the watch’s constructed-in sensors, whereas Jawbone’s “UP” watchface will have the ability to monitor comparable knowledge and sync again to the Jawbone UP service by way of a smartphone connection. Perhaps probably the most fascinating software of those new options is the Swim.com software, which may “measure distance, tempo, occasions, strokes, and effectivity whereas swimming” and later relay the info again to an app on a smartphone.
The new firmware additionally consists of the power to shortly launch your favourite apps utilizing one of many system’s hardware buttons.
Pebble Firmware 2.6 Release Notes
- NEW: Activity. Activity tracking apps (e.g. Jawbone, Misfit, Swim.com) for Pebble now work seamlessly within the background. View put in Activity apps and toggle preferences within the Pebble Settings menu. An Activity icon is seen inside Pebble menus when a suitable app is put in and operating.
- NEW: Quick Launch. Set shortcuts from a watchface to your favourite Pebble apps with an extended press of the Up or Down buttons. Enable Quick Launch and set app shortcuts within the Pebble Settings menu.
- Battery icon is now persistent inside Pebble menus.
- Select button as soon as once more dismisses notifications when paired with an Android system or iOS system on iOS 7 or decrease. iOS 8 customers get notificaion dismissal for each Pebble and the paired system when urgent Select.
- Bug fixes and enhancements.
Filed beneath: Tech Industry Tagged: Apple watch, fitness, Health, Jawbone, misfit, Pebble, smart watch, swim.com, update