How do I use Universal Clipboard on macOS Sierra? Universal Clipboard is a brand new Continuity function from Apple; setup is the same for all Continuity options.
With the advent of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, Apple has stepped up its Continuity recreation with Universal Clipboard: Reproduction one thing on iOS, paste it for your Mac. Reproduction one thing in your Mac, paste it on iOS. It joins a rising record of options (Handoff, Calls, Fast Hotspot, Auto Free up, and Messages) that attach your Mac to your iOS units in super-convenient tactics.
Putting in place Universal Clipboard
Universal Clipboard works with textual content, pictures, and video, so ensure that's what you are making an attempt to reproduction between units!
- Check in to iCloud with the similar Apple ID on all of your units.
- Be certain that Bluetooth is became on on all of your units.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is became on on all of your units.
- Make sure that your units are close to each and every different. Universal Clipboard is proximity-dependent.
- Reproduction your textual content, photograph, or video on one software.
- Paste your textual content, photograph, or video in your different software.
Consider it or now not, that is it! It is so simple as ensuring you are logged in and feature your whole wireless radios became on.
Troubleshooting Universal Clipboard
I have run into a couple of hiccups whilst the use of Universal Clipboard — in particular when making an attempt to paste on my Mac what I would copied from my iPhone. There are a couple of troubleshooting steps you'll be able to take, even though.
Will my software paintings with Universal Clipboard?
Very first thing's first: You wish to have to ensure your tool can use the function! You'll be able to want to be operating iOS 10 and macOS Sierra to make the most of Universal Clipboard.
The function works at the following units:
- iPhone 5 or more recent
- iPad Professional
- iPad (4th era)
- iPad Air or more recent
- iPad mini 2 or more recent
- iPod contact (sixth era) or more recent
- iMac (Past due 2009 or more recent)
- MacBook (Past due 2009 or more recent)
- MacBook Professional (Mid 2010 or more recent)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or more recent)
- Mac mini (Mid 2011 or more recent)
- Mac Professional (Mid 2010 or more recent)
- Occasionally a just right ol'-fashioned sign-out-sign-in works higher than anything. Check out signing out of iCloud for your Apple units and signing again in once more.
- Double test you have got Wi-Fi and Bluetooth became on and you have got Plane Mode became off.
- Make certain your units are close to each and every different (in the similar room). Universal Clipboard would possibly not paste from around the nation.
- Check out copying your textual content, pictures, or movies once more. The clipboard clears itself after a time period.
Questions or hassle?
In case you have any questions or run into any hassle, gimme a shout! We're going to get your Universal Clipboard up and operating.