Macs do not include a published guide, as a result of lend a hand is constructed proper in!
It is simple to disregard, however the Help menu help you in finding as regards to any solution to your questions. It is constructed into Finder on your Mac, and it is found in maximum programs too. It is not only for beginners both — even skilled Mac customers can get advantages!
The necessary factor to perceive is the Help menu is contextual: The contents will trade relying upon which software you could have open. Taking a look at the Help menu from the Finder, as an example, unearths two choices: a seek box and Mac Help. Inside of a third-party software, you'll find hyperlinks to a guide, shortcut references, hyperlinks to lend a hand boards on the developer's internet website online, and different content material.
This is how to get right of entry to and use Help in your Mac!
- How to use Mac Help from the Finder
- How to use Mac Help from an application
- Mac Help tips and tricks
How to use Mac Help from the Finder
- Click on Help in the menu bar at the height of the display.
Sort the topic or factor you want lend a hand with in the Seek box.
- When you have Finder decided on (click on in your desktop display), you'll be able to take a look at What is new in macOS, New to Mac, and Get to Know your Mac, for extra lend a hand.
- Click on a seek end result from the record.
Click on on a similar hyperlink to open a selected app or program concerning to your factor.
How to use Mac Help from an software
- Click on Help in the Menu bar at the height of your display. Apparently with maximum apps.
Sort the topic you need lend a hand with in the Seek box.
The contents will exchange consistent with software. Some apps supply whole consumer manuals and reference guides; others display you shortcut lists or supply hyperlinks to useful internet assets. Those monitors are taken from the Help menu in Safari and Mail, respectively.
Helpful issues to find out about Mac Help
- Use the keyboard shortcut ⌘ - ⇧ - / (command - shift - /) to temporarily get entry to the Help program.
The Help program has a nifty integrated function that'll allow you to in finding keyboard shortcuts and settings similar to your question via pointing them out for you. Hover over an merchandise in the Help menu and a corresponding arrow will seem.