iMovie can not get right of entry to Clips's many superior soundtracks — however that does not imply you'll be able to't rating your project with them.
In my loose time, I movie an even quantity of how-tos for aspiring curler derby athletes — in large part the use of my iPhone 7 Plus and the iMovie app. iMovie has some sensible equipment that make it a cinch to temporarily movie, reduce, and post an ideal how-to, however one position the place it is missing is just right royalty-free background song.
Via default, iMovie best gives seven pre-cut subject matters: Brilliant, Trendy, Neon, Information, Playful, Easy, and Commute. By contrast, Apple's new Clips app gives over 40 — and they all are designed to have compatibility completely to your project's duration.
However if you are enterprising, you'll be able to "trick" Clips into supplying you with a great project-sized soundtrack for your iMovie project. This is how!
First: Export your project from iMovie
Create and edit your project in iMovie.
- Press Carried out when you are in a position to upload a soundtrack.
- Faucet the Percentage button on your project's visual display unit.
Choose Save Video.
- To save lots of temporarily, save at Medium - 360p export measurement.
- As soon as the movie has completed exporting, press OK.
2d: Upload it to Clips
- Open the Clips app.
- Faucet New Video.
- Make a selection Library.
Select your exported video.
Press the Hang to Upload This Clip button to upload a couple of seconds of the clip.
Tip: Do not be disturbed concerning the framing of this clip — you will not be the use of this video.
- Faucet on the clip within the timeline.
- Press the Edit button (seems like scissors).
- Drag the rightmost yellow Edit arrow to prolong the clip till you succeed in the total duration of your film.
3rd: Upload your soundtrack
- Drag down on the downward white arrow to go back to the primary Clips modifying display.
- Faucet the Audio icon (seems like a speaker).
- Choose Mute Recorded Audio.
- Faucet the Audio icon once more.
Make a selection Mute Unique Video.
- Faucet the Soundtracks icon (seems like a track notice).
- Make a selection Soundtracks.
- Select your soundtrack. (Faucet as soon as to preview, two times to make a selection.)
- Faucet the blue Again arrow to go back to the video preview.
- Faucet the white Executed button within the decrease proper nook.
- Choose the Save button.
- Press Save Video.
- Press OK.
Fourth: Import your soundtrack in iMovie
- Open the iMovie app.
- Choose your present project.
- Faucet Edit.
Press the + button.
- Choose Video, then Lately Added.
- Faucet the most up-to-date video you exported from Clips and press the + button.
- Make a selection the clip.
- Press Detach to take away the soundtrack from your exported Clips project.
- Drag the soundtrack to the beginning of your unique video project.
Make a selection the exported Clips project and press Delete.
You presently have a perfectly-timed soundtrack for your iMovie project!
Tell us under within the feedback.