You'll be able to get lend a hand, proper on your Mac. If that does not paintings, ask iMore!
In case you are new to Mac, or are having an issue with your Mac for the primary time, there are a variety of various tactics you'll be able to troubleshoot your problems. You'll be able to glance up steerage proper on your Mac, seek iMore's How-to guides, or touch Apple for extra lend a hand. In case you are caught, do not be troubled. The Apple group is probably the most useful generation group round.
- How to use the Help program on Mac
- How to use the iMore forums for help with your Mac
- How to chat with Apple support online or on the phone for help with your Mac
- How to set up a genius appointment at an Apple retail store for help with your Mac
How to use the Lend a hand program on Mac
Your Mac comes with an overly helpful Lend a hand program that can be utilized with with reference to each and every side of your pc. All you've to do is sort in your question and the Lend a hand program will dig up knowledge to remedy your drawback.
- Click on on Lend a hand within the Menu bar on the most sensible of your Mac's display.
Sort in a question, like "downloading apps" or "new consumer."
- Choose the seek outcome from the record.
Click on on a similar hyperlink to open a selected app or program bearing on to your factor.
Some helpful belongings you will have to know concerning the Lend a hand program:
Use the keyboard shortcut command-shift-/ to temporarily get right of entry to the Lend a hand program.
Lend a hand will display seek effects according to the app you're the use of. As an example, in case you are the use of Safari, it is going to display effects for lend a hand with Safari. In case you have Finder decided on, it's going to display effects for Finder.
When in search of lend a hand the use of a command for a program, you'll be able to hover over menu effects and an arrow will seem subsequent to the place you'll in finding it within the app menu.
How to use the iMore boards for lend a hand with your Mac
If your Mac can not lend a hand with your drawback, the iMore group can. Now not handiest is our writing team of workers nice at troubleshooting issues, however our implausible readers are all the time on-hand to lend a hand with even the most simple of issues. So do not be scared to ask anything else within the boards. Our discussion board customers needless to say when you're new to Mac, you may want additional lend a hand.
Enroll with iMore.com — it is loose!
- Click on the Menu icon on the most sensible left nook of your browser window. It seems like 3 strains stacked on most sensible of one another (☰).
Make a selection Enroll from the drop down menu.
- Input a username, e-mail, and password. Or enroll the use of Fb, Google +, Twitter, or with your Microsoft account.
Click on Proceed.
Examine your e-mail cope with. Open your e mail inbox and search for an e-mail from Cellular Countries. Click on the Examine hyperlink to check in.
<img src="https://www.imore.com/websites/imore.com/information/types/xlarge/public/box/picture/2016/10/troubleshoot-imore-forums-mac-screenshot-03.jpg?itok=ejJAOX-B" width="1600" peak="379" alt="Check your e mail" elegance="image-xlarge aligncenter lightbox" />
- Click on on your Consumer identify.
- Choose Arrange Profile.
Fill out your profile knowledge.
You'll be able to now take part within the iMore boards.
How to ask a query
Likelihood is that, when you've got an issue, somebody else has had it up to now, too. You'll be able to seek for an answer through typing your question into the quest box. If you do not see a thread discussing your factor, you'll be able to publish a brand new thread.
- Click on on your avatar on the most sensible left nook of your browser window.
Choose the iMore Forums from the drop down menu.
- Make a selection a matter, like iPhone 7.
Click on on Submit New Thread.
- Fill out the thread shape.
Click on Post Query.
How to chat with Apple give a boost to on-line or at the phone for lend a hand with your Mac
If looking out on your Mac does not lend a hand, and if the iMore boards can not clear up your drawback, you'll be able to move at once to the source: Apple make stronger.
If you are simply on the lookout for some fundamental how-to answers, you'll be able to get lend a hand in 140 characters or much less by the use of Twitter the use of @AppleSupport. The corporate tweets out numerous useful recommendation about new options on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
If Twitter does not lend a hand, you'll be able to talk directly with an Apple support technician both on-line or at the phone. In case you get started out in a talk, however uncover your drawback is extra difficult, you'll be able to all the time ask to talk with a beef up technician at the phone.
- Talk over with Apple's support page.
- Make a selection Mac (or if your factor is with any other software, make a selection it from the record of choices).
Make a selection a class that your factor falls beneath.
- Choose a matter.
Choose Chat, Communicate to Apple Give a boost to Now, Time table a Name, or Name Apple Improve Later to touch Apple fortify.
How to arrange a Genius appointment at an Apple retail retailer for lend a hand with your Mac
Every now and then, the issue is more challenging than just going thru a chain of steps as advised by way of your Mac, iMore, and even Apple technical reinforce. Every so often, you might have to convey your Mac in for diagnostics and imaginable upkeep. If there's an Apple Retailer close to you, you'll be able to time table an appointment on the Genius Bar.
- Talk over with Apple Support
- Make a selection Mac (or if your factor is with some other software, make a selection it from the record of choices).
Choose a class that your factor falls beneath.
- Make a selection a matter.
Click on on Usher in for Restore.
- Input your Apple ID and password.
Make a selection a location.
- Make a selection an Apple Retailer close to you.
Pick out a date and time.
Do you have got any questions on how to troubleshoot your Mac? Put them within the feedback and I'm going to let you out. You'll be able to additionally talk over with the iMore forums now that you understand how to enroll!