In case you are taking a look to transfer your well being data from an outdated Apple Watch to a brand new one, you have got some alternatives to make.
If you find yourself shifting to a brand new new Apple Watch, something you wish to have to stay an eye fixed on is your well being data. As a result of it is a very non-public set of data, data from the Health app hasn't all the time been incorporated through default in iPhone backups made to iCloud and iTunes. That is vital, as a result of those iPhone backups comprise the backup of your old Apple Watch that you are taking a look to transfer to your new watch.
At the present time, Health data is incorporated in what's now an encrypted iCloud backup so you'll be able to repair it to your iPhone from Apple's cloud carrier, however some folks nonetheless have problems with the ones, or do not back up to iCloud within the first position. However for the ones that do not use iCloud backups, or who search other answers, there are a few notable choices available in the market for you.
How to create an encrypted backup of your iPhone or iPad with iTunes
Whilst lawn selection iTunes backups will stay an archive of maximum of your iPhone's data, you'll be able to want an encrypted backup so as to save your well being data.
- Attach your iPhone or iPad to your laptop by the use of USB.
- Open iTunes
Click on on the tool icon within the tab bar.
Click on Abstract in case you are no longer already in that phase.
Click on the checkbox subsequent to Encrypt iPhone/iPad backup. This may permit your Health data to be subsidized up.
Back Up Now beneath Manually Back Up and Repair.
After you're making a backup, get started the set up procedure for your new iPhone and make a choice Repair from Backup while you get to that display.
How to use Health Data Importer to transfer well being data to a brand new iPhone
If you wish to have, you'll be able to export your data without delay from the Health app, and with Health Data Importer, you'll be able to simply import precisely the data you wish to have into the Health app on a brand new iPhone. You'll be able to get Health Data Importer on the App Retailer for $3.99
- Open the Health app on your present iPhone.
- Faucet on the Health Data tab.
Faucet on the Person icon within the upper-right nook.
- Faucet Export Health Data.
- Faucet Export. This would possibly take a couple of mins.
Save the general export to the Recordsdata app.
- Set up your new iPhone to your liking.
- Open the Health app.
- Set up your fundamental data.
- Obtain Health Data Importer from the App Store.
- Open Health Data Importer.
- Choose export.zip from your selected location within the Recordsdata app.
- Choose the person resources you want to import to your new iPhone, or Choose All to transfer the entire Health backup to your new tool.
- Faucet Flip All Classes On on the Health Get right of entry to advised to permit the app to write to your Health repository.
- Faucet Permit.
Open the Recordsdata app app as soon as Health Data Importer has completed its import.
- Faucet Choose within the higher appropriate nook.
- In finding and make a selection the export.zip Health report.
Faucet the delete button within the decrease appropriate nook.
Now that you have gotten your well being data on to your new iPhone, it is time to set up your new Apple Watch. Ensure to observe our information to restoring your Apple Watch from a backup.
Have any questions on shifting your well being data from one iPhone to any other? Tell us down within the feedback.
Replace September 2017: Added new screenshots and textual content for iOS 11.
- Backing up: The ultimate guide
- Best backup services and programs for your Mac
- Best cloud service apps for your iPhone and iPad
- How to back up your Mac
- How to back up your iPhone and iPad
- How to back up your Apple TV
- How to back up your Apple Watch
- How to restore your Mac from a backup
- How to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup
- How to restore your Apple Watch from a backup
- How to recover your files when you don't have a backup