If your iMac Pro turns into unresponsive, chances are you'll want to restore it the usage of Apple Configurator 2 and any other Mac.
Apple is now providing some directions for iMac Pro homeowners who may to find that their new Mac turns into unresponsive below sure cases, together with an influence failure throughout an update. If one thing like this happens, you can want to restore your iMac Pro. To restore your iMac Pro, you can want to put it into Tool Firmware Replace (DFU) mode and to do this, you are going to want a couple of issues.
First issues first, you are going to want get right of entry to to a 2nd Mac operating the newest model of macOS Prime Sierra, in addition to Apple Configurator 2.6, Apple's instrument control instrument. You can additionally want a supported USB-A or USB-C to USB-C or Thunderbolt cable that helps each energy and information and can be utilized with a Thunderbolt to USB-C adapter.
Upon getting the whole lot you wish to have, listed below are the stairs that you can want to practice to restore your iMac Pro.
How to restore your iMac Pro the usage of Apple Configurator 2
- Replace your 2nd Mac to the newest variations of macOS Prime Sierra and Apple Configurator 2 if you have not already.
- Plug your Mac right into a energy source.
- Hand over iTunes.
- Release Apple Configurator. The model must be 2.6.
- Plug your USB or Thunderbolt cable into your Mac.
- Disconnect your iMac Pro from energy.
- Plug your cable into the Thunderbolt port on closest to the Ethernet port at the iMac Pro.
- Dangle down the energy button.
- Attach your iMac Pro to energy and proceed to grasp the ability button for any other 3 seconds. Apple notes that at this level, you must no longer see the rest at the display of your iMac Pro.
- Choose the iBridge instrument within the instrument browser of Apple Configurator on your different Mac.
- Click on Motion.
- Click on Restore.
- Hand over Apple Configurator after your iMac Pro reboots.
You probably have any further questions on restoring your iMac Pro, tell us within the feedback.