Putting in the watchOS 4 beta is extra complicated than an iOS or macOS beta, however additionally it is for developers solely.
Replace June 21, 2017: Apple has simply launched watchOS 4 beta 2 for developers. If you have already got a prior watchOS 4 beta put in, continue to the Watch app on your iPhone operating iOS 11 and download away. For those who have been ready to start watchOS 4 checking out with beta 2, stay studying and we're going to stroll you in the course of the arrange!
There is but to be a public beta for watchOS the best way there was for iOS and macOS, and that is the reason k — the method of putting in the tool is extra difficult, and in point of fact intended for developers solely. You wish to have to set up a certificates on your Apple Watch, then download the tool to your iPhone operating iOS 11 beta, switch it throughout, and get it up and operating. It is not arduous, however it does take endurance and you'll have to troubleshoot.
- How to download the watchOS 4 beta certificate
- How to install watchOS 4 on your Apple Watch
- How to downgrade to watchOS 4
How to set up the watchOS 4 beta certificates
Notice: Remember to're operating the developer beta for iOS 11 on your iPhone ahead of making an attempt to set up watchOS 4.
- Log into developer.apple.com at the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Pass to the watchOS 4 download page.
- Faucet on Download watchOS 4 beta Configuration Profile.
- Faucet on Apple Watch from the Select a Software popup.
- Faucet on Set up start.
- Input your Passcode
- Faucet on Set up to ascertain.
- Faucet on Restart to reboot your Apple Watch.
As soon as your Apple Watch has rebooted the set up procedure is going again to commonplace.
How to set up watchOS 4 on your Apple Watch
The certificates is what tells the Watch app on your iPhone that watchOS 4 is to be had. As soon as the Watch app detects it, the method for putting in it is equal to some other watchOS update, detailed under. (If the beta does not display up, reboot once more.)
- Attach your iPhone to Wi-Fi and release the Apple Watch app.
- Faucet at the My Watch tab.
- Faucet on Common.
Faucet on Tool Replace.
- Faucet on Download and Set up.
- Input your iPhone Passcode.
Faucet Agree to the Phrases and Prerequisites.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged to no less than 50% and fasten it to the magnetic charger.
- Faucet Set up on your iPhone and/or your Apple Watch.
The Watch OS update will download and switch to your Apple Watch and Apple Watch will reboot to practice the update. You'll be able to apply the growth at the Apple Watch display, and as soon as it is achieved, you'll be able to be all set.
If the watchOS 4 update fails on the verification level, check out once more. If it fails many times, un-pair and re-pair your Apple Watch and take a look at once more. (That un-pairing and re-pairing procedure takes some time so make certain verification in point of fact is not running for you sooner than you undergo it.)
How to downgrade watchOS
Directions for reverting again to watchOS are at the back of the developer middle log in, so we will be able to't reflect them right here. Suffice it to say you'll be able to't do it on your personal. Your Watch may have to return to Apple. That on my own will have to give someone who does not completely want the developer beta pause to rethink putting in it within the first position.
For developers who, for no matter explanation why, in point of fact do want to revert, you'll be able to in finding directions for contacting Apple on the backside of this report: