macOS Sierra, the following era of Mac tool, is now to be had as a public beta.
Replace August 2, 2016: Apple has simply launched macOS Sierra public beta 3 for individuals of the Beta Device Program. If you have already got the macOS Sierra beta put in, head to Mac App Retailer > Updates and download away. For those who've been looking ahead to beta 3 to get in on macOS Sierra, stay studying and we're going to stroll you during the arrange!
Apple has been providing public betas for OS X for a few years now as some way for the ones considering checking out out the impending tool on their Macs, and offering comments. If that is you, you'll be able to want to enroll, sign up your Mac, download macOS Sierra, and set up it. It is not an excessively difficult procedure, however we are right here to stroll you thru it and, if you wish to have it, a spot to get additional lend a hand.
Apple's 2016 tool updates — iOS 10, watchOS 3, tvOS 10, and macOS Sierra — are lately to be had as closed developer previews and as public betas for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Whilst the betas include new options, additionally they include pre-release insects that may save you the traditional use of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac, and don't seem to be meant for on a regular basis use on a number one tool. That is why we strongly suggest staying clear of the developer previews, and the use of the public betas with warning. In case you rely on your units, look forward to the general launch q4.
Word: This information is being up to date in actual time. In case you are seeing previous content material, refresh the web page or come again later.
- How to make a back up your Mac
- How to register your account for the OS X El Capitan public beta
- How to enroll your Mac in the OS X El Capitan public beta
- How to install the OS X El Capitan public beta
- How to get started with OS X El Capitan public beta
Ahead of becoming a member of the public beta, you wish to have to make a backup of your Mac. That approach, if one thing is going fallacious, of if you are merely now not satisfied and wish to revert to OS X El Capitan, you'll be able to pass proper again to the place you began.
Despite the fact that you again up each and every night time, you'll be able to need to make double, triple positive you are coated. So make a guide backup now. This is how to do it with Time Machine. Even though you employ one thing other or further, like SuperDuper!, you'll want to manually get started a backup now.
Let the backup end prior to continuing.
Observe: If you are now not opposed to the Terminal, you'll be able to additionally make a bootable El Capitan installer as means to jumpstart reversion, if wanted.
In the event you've already joined a public beta for OS X up to now, you do not want to check in once more for macOS Sierra. Merely check in with the similar Apple ID. For those who've by no means joined a public beta prior to, you'll be able to want to get started via signing up with your Apple ID.
- Move to beta.apple.com in Safari on your Mac.
- Click on on Enroll to get began. (In case you've already signed up for a prior public beta, Click on on Check in and skip to "How to sign up your Mac", under.)
- Input you Apple ID e mail cope with and password.
- Click on Check in.
As soon as you are signed up and signed in, it is time to get started downloading.
Downloading the macOS Sierra public beta is completed in the course of the Mac App Retailer however calls for a unique code (like a promo or present code). The code is equipped for you at the site, however could also be routinely entered for you while you click on to start the method.
- Pass to beta.apple.com, if you are now not there already.
- Click on at the macOS tab, if it is not highlighted already.
- Reproduction and paste your redeem code someplace protected, simply in case!
- Click on on Download the macOS Sierra Public Beta.
- The Mac App Retailer will open, log in if required.
Your macOS Sierra download will have to start mechanically. If it does not:
- Release the Mac App Retailer.
- Click on at the Featured tab if you are now not there already.
- Click on on Redeem in the correct sidebar.
- Input your macOS Sierra code.
The macOS Sierra public beta weighs in at 4.86GB, so the download can take a little time relying at the velocity of your connection. To trace the growth of your download:
- Open Launchpad from the Dock (or through the use of Highlight, or with a four-finger pinch gesture.)
- Search for greyed-out Sierra circle.
You'll be able to pause and un-pause the download, if you wish to have to, by way of clicking the icon.
The macOS Sierra installer will routinely open when it is downloaded. If it does not, or when you want to do it later, you open Set up macOS Sierra Public Beta at any time by means of Highlight or Launchpad, or from the Software folder within the Finder.
- Release Set up macOS Sierra Public Beta app, if it is not introduced already.
- Click on Proceed on the backside.
- If induced to make a backup, and also you did not ahead of, click on Proceed within the dropdown. In the event you simply made a backup, click on Cancel.
- Click on Proceed on the backside as soon as your backup completes, or for those who skipped it.
- Click on Agree to settle for the licensing phrases.
- Click on Agree once more to ascertain.
- Click on at the force you wish to have to set up onto (if in case you have more than one choices; most of the people would possibly not.)
- Click on Set up.
- Input you administrator password and click on OK.
- Click on Restart (if your Mac does not restart mechanically, or you do not want to wait).
As soon as your Mac reboots, it will be operating macOS Sierra. There is a temporary little bit of setup you'll be able to want to undergo, then again, because the gadget may have modified sufficient that it is going to want your login to whole the update.
As soon as that is executed, you'll be able to be in a position to rock macOS Sierra.
And, should you in the end come to a decision macOS is not for you, you'll be able to nonetheless revert again to OS X El Capitan.
- FAQ: Apple's beta software
- Should you run beta software?
- iOS 10 public beta: The ultimate guide
- macOS Sierra public beta: The ultimate guide
- iOS 10 developer beta: The ultimate guide
- macOS developer beta: The ultimate guide
- iOS 10: Everything you need to know
- macOS Sierra: Everything you need to know