To stop dropping all your WhatsApp knowledge, you gotta back dat app up.
WhatsApp makes use of iCloud to backup your chats to the cloud. Your chat logs and account knowledge are safe should you ever ever lose your phone and want to pick out back up the place you left off.
How to flip on iCloud Pressure for WhatsApp backups on iPhone
First off, you'll be able to need to ascertain that you have got iCloud became on and set up to back up WhatsApp knowledge.
- Release Settings from your House display.
- Swipe up to scroll down the menu till you spot iCloud.
- Faucet on the iCloud button.
Faucet on iCloud Pressure button.
Faucet the flip iCloud pressure on whether it is off.
Be sure that iCloud get entry to for WhatsApp is became on. Apps are record in alphabetical order, so WhatsApp will have to be close to the top.
How to back up your knowledge to iCloud
- Release WhatsApp from your House display.
- Faucet on Settings. It is the equipment icon within the backside proper nook.
- Faucet the Chats button.
Faucet on Chat backup.
Faucet Back Up Now to add your chat knowledge to your iCloud garage.
In the event you'd favor to set up iCloud to routinely retailer your chat knowledge, you'll be able to achieve this on this display.
- Faucet Auto Backup.
- Faucet the backup frequency you would want. Your choices are Day by day, Weekly and Per thirty days.
- Faucet Chat Backup to pass back to the remaining Settings menu.
Faucet the transfer subsequent to "Come with movies" to toggle whether or not or now not to backup video messages.
Now that the entirety's subsidized up, you'll be able to be in a position to repair your chats in case you reinstall WhatsApp on any iOS software. If you wish to have to migrate your knowledge to a brand new phone, you are going to have to be sure the whole thing is subsidized up to iCloud first. Then if you end up going during the WhatsApp set up procedure on your new phone, simply restore your chat history when prompted.