Bear is a chic word-taking app that works throughout your whole Apple units.
On every occasion the foundation moves, Bear makes it imaginable for you to write down your prose in your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. It has got a ravishing interface, a large number of nice options, and you can obtain it for loose (even though one of the complex options will value ya).
If you're concerned with studying extra about Bear, we now have were given each and every factor you need to know proper right here.
What is new with Bear?
Bear just lately won an update that incorporates the power to cartoon on a notice. Plus, it now has customized icons, iMessage stickers, and VoiceOver fortify.
It is a massive hairy mammal that most commonly lives in mountainous areas ... Simply kidding. Bear, in reference to iOS and macOS, is a observe-taking app that shall we you regulate how your observe-taking revel in seems to be and feels. It has got dozens of options that give writers a large number of flexibility, together with fundamental observe-taking, checklists, and strengthen for Markdown. You'll be able to choose quite a few other topics if you need the additional inspiration (it is like writing your thesis draft in several colours of pens), and you could make a large number of minor changes inside of each and every record to get the proper glance for your paintings.
How do I am getting the app?
Bear is to be had on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for loose. It comes with a plethora of options within the base model, however you can upload an entire lot extra with a per thirty days subscription (which covers your whole units) of $1.49 per 30 days or $14.99 consistent with yr.
So, what are those cool options Bear has?
From the developer web site:
- Complex Markup Editor that helps and highlights over 20 programming languages
- Wealthy previews whilst writing so you see prose, now not code
- In-line enhance for photographs and pictures
- Use Pass-Notice Hyperlinks to construct a frame of labor, temporarily reference different notes, and extra
- Temporarily upload todos to person notes to stay your self on activity
- More than one subject matters to be offering a method for everybody [subscription only]
- More than one export choices together with HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and extra [subscription only]
- Sensible Knowledge Popularity of parts like hyperlinks, emails, addresses, colours, and extra to come
- Hashtags to temporarily in finding and arrange notes on the other hand you like
- One-faucet formatting on iPhone and iPad with a customized shortcut bar
- Center of attention Mode hides notes and different choices when it issues
- All of your notes are saved in undeniable textual content for without equal in portability
- Easy, safe, and personal multi-tool sync by means of iCloud [subscription only]
- Common updates to stay you and your writing present
OK, so which of the ones options do I've to pay for?
Handiest 3 of them, if truth be told. They're 3 essential ones, however you may just paintings with out them if you are not looking for to make stronger a troublesome-running indie developer (#guilttrip).
- Syncing in iCloud between all of your units for one low worth
- Report exporting with enhance for HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPEG, and extra
- All the ones nice subject matters! The loose base app comes with two (white with pink or white with blue) topics, however the others are unlocked together with your subscription.
How do I transfer to Markdown mode?
If you're writing for the internet, you're most likely a heavy Markdown consumer. Bear helps Markdown code and presentations you the general glance as you sort. H2 and bullet issues have by no means seemed so just right.
To allow Markdown make stronger, choose the Settings icon within the Sidebar (the furthest segment at the left), it seems like 3 slider bars stacked on most sensible of one another. Then make a selection Common. Then toggle the Markdown compatibility Mode transfer on.
I will be able to't work out how to create folders for my notes
It is not obtrusive, nevertheless it is extremely simple as soon as you know the way. Simply sort a hashtag and the identify you need your folder to be (#paintings, for instance). As soon as you sort that hashtag any place within the notice, it is going to mechanically create a folder within the Sidebar and arrange the notice into it. You'll be able to even use multiple hashtag and arrange notes into more than one folders on the similar time. As an example, you may just put a notice into your #faculty folder, and additionally into your #historical past folder.
I heard you can hyperlink one notice to some other, how do I do this?
You positive can! Whilst in a notice, you can reproduction the hyperlink to the observe. Then, when you pass into any other observe, you can paste it. It's going to mechanically create a actually great-taking a look hyperlink, too.
- On Mac: Proper- or Regulate-click on a word within the Observe Record, then select Reproduction Hyperlink.
- On iPhone and iPad: Swipe proper on a word within the Word Record, then faucet Extra, then faucet Reproduction Hyperlink.
Then, move into no matter word which you need to hyperlink, spotlight the textual content you need to create the hyperlink in affiliation with, and paste it the best way you generally would on iOS or Mac. It routinely creates a hypertext hyperlink.
You'll be able to additionally use double brackets and come with the identify of the observe, like this: [[Note Example]] and routinely create a hyperlink (no need to reproduction or paste anything else).
How do I do a to-do record?
One great factor about Bear is that you can write a unique, take a snappy notice, or construct a to-do listing, all in the similar app.
On iPhone and iPad, you can flip a observe right into a tick list by way of tapping the Checkbox icon within the keyboard toolbar. On Mac, Choose the Pen icon at the some distance proper of the app window, and then click on the Checkbox icon.
Then, get started writing your notice. It is going to mechanically become a to-do record, whole with bins you can test when you've finished an merchandise (oh, that candy, candy, strikethrough).
I will be able to't save my notes? There is not any save button!
You're right kind that there is not any save button, however in reality your whole paintings is stored mechanically, in actual time. That is proper. Each and every unmarried letter that you sort is already stored. Pass forward, check out it. Shut the app. When you open it, your observe might be there, precisely as you left it.
How do I am getting the ones adorable iMessage stickers?
They are already on your App Drawer within the Messages app for your iPhone. Open Messages and faucet the App Drawer (it seems like an "A" made from writing equipment). Then, faucet your app listing icon within the backside left of the display (it seems like 4 ovals). Then, swipe between your app pages till you in finding the Bear Stickers icon. Faucet it to open the sticky label choices and percentage your Bears with the arena.
Do you have any questions on Bear for iPhone, iPad, and Mac? Put them within the feedback and we're going to lend a hand you out.