Update: Many users are reporting that mobile features and Touch ID are not working publish replace, so we might advocate holding off till additional discover. Many who've up to date their iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPhone 5s are reporting no issues, so it seems this drawback is probably going confined to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Apple has launched iOS 8.zero.1 to the general public, and it’s rolling out now OTA to all units able to operating iOS 8. The replace’s construct quantity is 12A402, and it packs fixes for quite a lot of bugs which have plagued users of model 8.zero. Most notably, the brand new model features a repair for the bug that was keeping HealthKit apps from the App Store. Furthermore, the replace addresses a plethora of different issues together with a problem with apps accessing photographs from the Photo Library, a bug involving third social gathering keyboards, a problem that induced sudden knowledge utilization when receiving SMS and MMS messages, a problem involving ringtones not being restored by iCloud, and extra.
The replace additionally packs quite a lot of enhancements for already-present options. According to the discharge notes, the brand new Reachability function ought to have improved reliability, and there's additionally higher help for Family Sharing Ask To Buy for in-app purchases. This replace comes only one week following the initial release of iOS 8, and like that model, the replace will work with iPhone 4S or later, iPad 2 or later, each fashions of the iPad mini, and the fifth era iPod contact. The full launch notes are under.
This launch incorporates enhancements and bug fixes, together with:
• Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made out there on the App Store
• Addresses a problem the place third celebration keyboards might turn into deselected when a consumer enters their passcode
• Fixes a problem that prevented some apps from accessing pictures from the Photo Library
• Improves the reliability of the Reachability function on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Fixes a problem that would trigger sudden mobile knowledge utilization when receiving SMS/MMS messages
• Better help of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
• Fixes a problem the place ringtones have been typically not restored from iCloud backups
• Fixes a bug that prevented importing photographs and movies from Safari
Filed beneath: iOS Tagged: broken, cellular, HealthKit, iOS, iOS 8, iOS 8.0.1, third-party keyboards, Touch ID, update