its monetary effects for its financial 3rd quarter of 2015 this afternoon, and the numbers are forged. The corporate bought 47.5 million iPhones and earned $49.6 billion in income, breaking June quarter data and beating Wall Street expectancies.
So that you simply don’t need to trawl thru all of the studies to capture up, we’ve placed in combination a to hand record of 15 interesting facts that’ll train you all you wish to have to understand.
- Apple bought 47 million iPhones and 10.9 million iPads right through the quarter, this means that iOS units are matching Windows PC gross sales for the primary time.
- iPhone income used to be up 59 % over ultimate yr, and 27 % of present iPhone customers have now upgraded to an iPhone 6 oriPhone 6 Plus.
- Apple additionally bought 4.7 million Macs, which along iOS and “different” units — such because the Apple TV and Apple Watch — raked in a mixed overall of $49.6 billion in income, and $10.7 billion in benefit. That makes Q3 2015 any other report quarter for the Cupertino corporate.
- That benefit, from only one quarter, is greater than the GDP of an extended listing of nations, together with Madagascar, Bahamas, Monaco, Sierra Leone, and Barbados.
- Apple’s “different” class rose 49 % to usher in $2.64 billion, and Apple Watch is getting so much of the credit score for that.
- Apple didn't divulge gross sales figures for the Watch, however CEO Tim Cook says the software “did exceed our expectancies” right through the quarter, in spite of a battle to stay alongside of call for.
- Apple Watch has bought extra devices all the way through its first 9 weeks of availability than each the iPhone and the iPad did all the way through a identical duration after release.
- We didn't get definitive figures for Apple Music, both, however Apple stated “hundreds of thousands and hundreds of thousands of consumers” have already signed as much as the streaming carrier, that is loose for the primary 3 months.
- Apple noticed report income from products and services this quarter, producing $5 billion. App Store income on my own grew 24 %.
- Apple made greater than two times as so much income as Microsoft, which noticed its income drop 5.1 % to $22.18 billion because it said its largest-ever quarterly loss this week.
- Much of Apple’s expansion may also be attributed to China, the place income doubled throughout the 3rd quarter to succeed in a whopping $13.2 billion. Apple’s gross sales in China have been additionally up 87 % — in spite of the weakening situation of the Chinese financial system.
- China is now a larger marketplace for Apple than all of Europe mixed.
- 80,000 companies are including improve for Apple Pay each and every unmarried month, and Apple expects 1.5 million places within the G.O. to reinforce the carrier through the top of 2015.
- Apple is sitting on $203 billion in money reserves; that’s round double the money reserves of Microsoft, round 3 times the ones of Google, and round 4 occasions the ones of Cisco.
- Apple now has 456 retail retail outlets all over the world, 190 of that are situated within the G.I. The corporate plans to open 40 in Greater China through the center of 2016.