It used to be best a few weeks in the past that Samsung started rolling out the Android 5.0 update to the WiFi variant of the Galaxy Tab S 8.4, and now we've information that the LTE model could also be receiving a few Lollipop goodness, in Hong Kong of all puts.
At provide the update is handiest to be had by means of the Samsung Kies tool, even though an OTA (Over-The-Air) model will have to be on the means as smartly. The update is in line with Android model 5.0.2 and has construct quantity T705ZHU1BOD3 and a changelog choice of 4716872 for what it’s value. Hopefully, it shouldn’t be too lengthy sooner than SM-T705 house owners start seeing the update in different areas.
If you're the adventurous-lower-impatient sort you'll be able to all the time set up the update manually through downloading the firmware from SamMobile after which following the accompanying directions. It will have to be cited that the firmware is handiest suitable with the SM-T705 style that has the Exynos processor. If you're in any doubt approximately which style you personal simply pass to Settings/ About Phone and test the type quantity. Flashing firmware manually may also be unsafe, occasionally finishing in a bricked tool, that is why we'd suggest you to wait till the update turns into to be had to your area.
- Download the firmware (From the source hyperlink beneath)
- Extract (unzip/unrar) the firmware record
- Download Odin v3.10.6 (Here)
- Extract the Odin zip record
- Open Odin v3.10.6
- Reboot tablet in obtain mode (press Home + Power + Volume Down buttons concurrently)
- Connect tablet to pc by the use of USB and be sure you see the blue check in Odin ahead of continuing
- Add the firmware to AP/PDA segment
- Important: Make positive re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the get started button, wait a couple of mins till the tablet reboots
Come remark in this article: Samsung begins rolling out the Lollipop update to the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE