In the arena of GPS, over the last few years there was an ongoing fight among phone device manufacturers, like Google with their Maps product, and devoted GPS unit producers like Garmin, TomTom and Magellan, to include the most productive of each worlds into one platform. The device to be had on cellular units increasingly more has matched devoted GPS options, particularly the power to get entry to satellite tv for pc signs while cell phone protection is misplaced, whilst GPS devices stay including options from smartphones like are living visitors and climate updates. At CES 2015, Magellan is pronouncing a brand new tool focused at skilled drivers that takes the most productive of their platform and places it on a 7-inch tablet powered by way of Android.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB is a GPS navigation gadget that has been optimized for unbiased truckers and professional business drivers. Magellan has taken a 7-inch Android tablet, introduced an additional loud speaker, an exterior audio/video enter, and placed their GPS gadget on it.
The additional a/v enter approach one thing like a backup digital camera may also be hooked into this new RoadMate. With Magellan’s tool, customers can get entry to the Magellan SmartGPS Eco cloud to obtain such things as actual-time gas pricing, climate, velocity restrict warnings, and different knowledge to lend a hand them get monetary savings and keep protected.
The new Magellan RoadMate will hit the marketplace with an MSRP of $299.99 someday all through the primary quarter of 2015.
Check out the whole press unencumber beneath and proceed to observe TalkAndroid for extra news from CES 2015.
Magellan to Announce New RoadMate RC9485T-LMB GPS for Independent Truckers and Professional Commercial Drivers at International CES 2015
7” Android GPS Includes SmartGPS Eco Cloud Content and a Host of Truck Navigation Features
Santa Clara, CA – January 5, 2014 – Magellan, a pace-setter of cutting edge GPS units and content material products and services for automobiles, health, out of doors, and cellular navigation, pronounces its recent business collection GPS, the RoadMate RC9485T-LMB, at International CES. The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB is a 7” Android truck GPS navigation device optimized for unbiased truckers and professional business drivers. It might be tested all the way through CES within the Magellan sales space, LVCC South Hall 2 – MP25441.
With an additional loud speaker, an exterior Audio/Video enter for a backup digital camera and a 7” glass capacitive contact panel, the RC9485T-LMB guarantees a protected and handy go back and forth for all drivers. Its OneTouch favorites menu gives ease-of-use and lets in for a customized go back and forth revel in.
The RC9485T-LMB is suitable with the Magellan SmartGPS Eco cloud, giving drivers simple get right of entry to to money and time-saving content material corresponding to: actual-time gas pricing knowledge, climate (together with 5-day forecast and overlays), truck velocity restrict warnings and IP visitors.
“Our new RoadMate RC9485T-LMB Android navigation software gives complete navigation answers by way of offering very best-in-elegance tool in addition to unsurpassed connectivity, and actual-time content material introduced by way of our SmartGPS Eco cloud,” remarked Stig Pedersen, Magellan affiliate vice chairman, product control. “We are very excited to be appearing our new tool at this yr’s CES and look ahead to the sure reaction from attendees.”
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB gives customers a number of truck navigation options. These come with:
- Multiple Driver Log-in lets in drivers to log HOS (hours of carrier) and riding standing, monitor hours and document state mileage for IFTA gas logging. Drivers too can without difficulty export all logs for reporting and monitoring of each and every travel.
- Customizable Truck Route units up car profile and calculates routes primarily based on peak, weight, width, duration, and hazmat regulations; it courses customers in keeping with their direction personal tastes and car profile.
- Multiple-Stop Routing shall we drivers plan their commute with more than one stops within the order they would like or mechanically optimizes for the most productive direction, serving to to save lots of money and time.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts, despatched right away to their GPS unit, shall we customers plan extra exact commute occasions and ETAs through heading off visitors jams and different delays.
- Junction View presentations a sensible symbol of the street and freeway indicators to lend a hand information drivers to the right kind lane that the car must be in for protected merging and exiting.
- Landmark Guidance provides customers an more uncomplicated approach to navigate to their locations by way of telling them to show at acquainted landmarks, equivalent to fuel stations, retail outlets or different massive, simply-noticed puts as an alternative of best side road names that can be onerous to find and/or learn.
- Highway Lane Assist is helping while navigating complicated freeway interchanges, making sure that a motive force remains on the right kind roadway.
- Exit POIs point out the place truck stops, meals, accommodation, relax spaces, and weigh stations are situated at an coming near go out.
- Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless generation lets in drivers to securely communicate arms loose on suitable Bluetooth telephones.
Pricing and Availability
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB will probably be to be had in Q1 with an MSRP of $299.99. Additional details about Magellan’s navigation merchandise is to be had at www.magellangps.com.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, producer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) logo of moveable GPS navigation units, is an entirely-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the business chief for cutting edge GPS navigation units given that 1986, globally markets award-profitable merchandise in more than one classes together with vehicle, RV, business, out of doors, health and cellular. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is creating new cloud-primarily based applied sciences, wearables, OEM, and 1-to-M answers to satisfy the converting wishes of lately’s shoppers.
Follow Magellan on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Come remark on this newsletter: New Magellan RoadMate GPS built on top of Android