Motorola has simply introduced that it’s now began internally checking out an Android 5.1 Lollipop update for the Moto X (2014). The improve will start rolling out to unlocked versions over the process the following few weeks, however service-branded units should wait slightly longer.
Hit the holiday under to peer what Motorola has incorporated in the Android 5.1 update (model 23.1.38).
- Notifications & Interruptions
- Block interruptions till your subsequent alarm. This selection will display most effective if you have an alarm set inside of the subsequent 12 hours. It will save you you from lacking an alarm while you select ‘No interruptions’.
- You can select to go into a scheduled downtime early. For instance, if you will mattress early and alter your notification settings, you'll be able to select “Until your downtime ends”. This choice might be visual while inside of 4 hours of the scheduled get started of your downtime.
- Adds icons to the quantity settings panel that fit the ones so that you can display in the standing bar (None, Priority).
You can now regulate notification quantity controls whilst media is enjoying. With the quantity controls appearing, a faucet on the bell icon will raise notification quantity controls.
- Heads-up Notifications
- In addition to disregarding a heads-up notification, you'll be able to now swipe it up to take away it out of your display. It will stay on your notifications tray and you'll be able to brush aside it later.
- Quick Settings
- You can temporarily choose other Wi-Fi get right of entry to issues or other paired Bluetooth units with a brand new pull-down menu on each and every tile. Conditional settings tiles that handiest display for those who use the function – like “Invert Colors” or “Hotspot” – can now be hidden by the use of an extended-press on the tile.
- Reduces noise in low-gentle photographs and improves responsiveness of the viewfinder with the entrance-dealing with digital camera (selfie).
- Device Protection
- Lost or stolen units will stay locked till you check in together with your Google account, although reset to manufacturing unit settings. Note that you simply will have to have a Google account on the tool to routinely allow this option and set a PIN, password or trend monitor lock.
- Improvements in the Android Runtime (ART) result in quicker software release occasions..
- If you've gotten enabled Ambient Display, the minimal swipe distance has greater to scale back unintentional interactions.
- Bug Fixes
- Clock in the standing bar isn’t updating and alarms don't seem to be going off
- Can’t delete SMS messages while the SIM card is complete
- No ringer audio whilst making an outgoing name
- Calculator floating aspect calculations
- Chrome crashes on release
- Frequent restarts at the same time as gazing Netflix
- Wi-Fi won't routinely reconnect to your house Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi now not connecting after being idle all night time
- Wi-Fi connection problems with more than one routers in a single region
- Bluetooth discovery isn't brought on while you refresh settings
- CPU wakelocks that give a contribution to heavier battery drain
- Connection and synchronization problems with MS Exchange servers
- Incorrect default APN
- Can’t release the SIM with a PIN/PUK code
- Can’t play ‘pinned’ content material
- General balance enhancements
Come remark in this article: Motorola publishes Android 5.1 release notes for the Moto X (2014)