Huawei has introduced to update a few smartphones to the most recent Android model, which is Android 7.1 Nougat. Whilst we wait for the update on the ones smartphones, the corporate has now not given any phrase on updating one of the most older smartphones just like the Huawei Y6. Since there is not any respectable affirmation from the corporate, we will be able to’t be expecting the Nougat for such older smartphone. Having stated that, if you want you run Android 7.0 Nougat on those units, you then best choice is to manually flash the update record whether it is to be had or else flash any 0.33 social gathering ROM. And speaking concerning the Huawei Y6, a do have a 3rd celebration ROM i.e the LineageOS 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat.
Concerning the smartphone
The Huawei Y6 smartphone used to be introduced again in July 2015, which makes it slightly an previous software. Whilst it’s been handiest two years because the reliable release, we rarely see smartphone producers updating a two-year-old tool and if we do, the updates are fairly sluggish as smartly. The Huawei Y6 is powered through a Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210 which is a quad-core processor. The smartphones is available in two variants i.e with 1GB/ 2GB RAM and there's an 8GB of inside garage as smartly. The tool additionally helps 256GB of expandable garage by the use of a microSD card slot. Relating to the digital camera, we've an 8MP rear dealing with shooter and a 2MP front-facing selfie digital camera. The smartphone is stored powered by way of a 2,220 mAh battery.
Concerning the ROM
This ROM used to be evolved via an XDA developer and it's the first third-party ROM that incorporates Android 7.0 Nougat for this actual smartphone. For the ones of you who don’t find out about LineageOS, it's Cyanogenmod however because the corporate used to be received by way of Lineage, the corporate has been rebranded to Lineage and the ROM is now referred to as LineageOS. Identical to the CyanogenMod, this 0.33 get together ROM could also be clean and dependable and could have completely no problems operating correctly. The record of the supported units are indexed under –
- SCL-L01 VA
- SCL-L01 VB
- SCL-L02 VA
- SCL-L02 VB
- SCL-L03 VA
- SCL-L03 VB
- SCL-L04 VA
- SCL-U31 VA
- Step one is to just remember to have taken a complete backup of your smartphone. Since we will be able to be wiping the interior garage for the setup, you'll finally end up dropping all of your knowledge, for those who don’t create a backup.
- Your next step is to ensure that your smartphone is rooted and you have got a customized restoration tool put in.
- You additionally want to just remember to have about 50 to 60-percent of battery left whilst beginning the set up.
- Now, as soon as all of the above steps are out of the best way, be sure you have downloaded the information which might be essential for the setup from the hyperlinks given beneath.
- As discussed previous, it's obligatory to have the information which we've got given within the hyperlinks above. When you haven’t downloaded them, then just remember to have downloaded them now.
- The following after downloading them is to reproduction them into your SD card for the setup. Just remember to are copying them into your SD Card and now not inner reminiscence since we will be able to be wiping the interior reminiscence blank.
- Now, energy off your smartphone and input into the restoration mode. To try this, press quantity up + energy key on the similar time.
- After you have entered the restoration mode, move to “wipe cache partition ⇒ complex ⇒ wipe Dalvik cache”.
- As soon as this is achieved, return to the former menu and faucet on install choice.
- Now browse for the .zip of the lineageOS device record which you copied to the SD card. Then choose it to start the set up.
- Now swipe to flash the tool.
- As soon as it's finished, it's now time to install the Gapps if you wish to have google apps for your smartphone.
- The process to install the gapps is identical identical to you probably did for the .zip document.
- As soon as that also is carried out, merely faucet reboot and your smartphone will now reboot.
Do make a remark that the reboot would possibly take a little time and you wish to have to be affected person till it will get over. As soon as it's carried out, your Huawei Y6 will now be operating LineageOS 14.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. In case you are dealing with problems, then be sure that to tell us within the remark segment under and keep tuned for extra tutorials like this.