If you’re a Developer, you can also need to pay attention up as Hoi Lam, a Wearables Developer Advocate at Google, has simply introduced that with Android Studio 1.1 you’ll be capable of open a pre-made clean watch face template.
In order to get right of entry to this new capability, it is important to ensure that the recent model of the Android Support Repository is put in for your pc. You can do that by way of starting the Android SDK Manager and settling on “Check for Updates.”
Once put in, you’ll want to practice those steps:
- Start a brand new undertaking or open your present venture
- If your undertaking does now not have already got an Android Wear module, create one!
- Select File > New Module…. In the wizard, choose Android Wear because the module sort after which choose No Activity.
- Right-click on at the module identify at the left hand aspect. Select New > Wear > Watch Face.
- Select whether or not you wish to have an analog or a virtual watch face.
You will have to now see a skeleton watch face, with the intention to deal with the fundamental history coding, like mechanically adjusting for time zone adjustments and prompting notifications successfully — so all you need to do is layout the total pores and skin for the face.
Come remark in this article: Developing Android Wear watch faces is now easier than ever!