Connect with us

Android snags 81% of the market in 2014 with over 1 billion units shipped

Android News

Android snags 81% of the market in 2014 with over 1 billion units shipped

android-vs-iphoneWith 2014 in the books, we’re after all getting the numbers to peer how each and every producer and OS did over the earlier yr. The just right information for Google and Apple (and dangerous information for the likes of Microsoft and BlackBerry) Android and iOS accounted for a whopping 96.3% of all smartphones shipped. That leaves an overly small 3.7% for Windows Phone and the whole thing else that’s competing for scraps.

When you holiday the numbers down among Android and iOS, although, Android got here out a transparent victor in the market percentage struggle. Android units accounted for 81.5% of all telephones shipped, in spite of everything breaking the 1 billion mark for smartphones. Compared to these 1 billion Android smartphones, Apple shipped 192 million telephones for 14.8% of the market. 

In the Android camp, Samsung nonetheless pulled in the so much market percentage amongst Android OEMs. Samsung if truth be told shipped greater than the subsequent 5 companies mixed, which is an outstanding quantity of units. However, expansion yr-over-yr used to be just about non-existent, whilst smaller producers noticed somewhat slightly of expansion.

It’s just about set in stone that Android goes to stick the most sensible canine, no less than on the subject of international market percentage. The subsequent large fight will probably be among Samsung and everybody else in 2015.

source: IDC


Come remark in this article: Android snags 81% of the market in 2014 with over 1 billion units shipped

Comments

More in Android News

To Top